shape
carat
color
clarity

Beaudry Beautique Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smitten

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

This is my first posting on this forum and I could really use some advice from the "collective wisdom" of all the contributors to this group. I have read previous postings any you guys seem to give great advice.

My girlfriend and I are considering getting engaged this summer. The only guidelines I have from her in terms of rings she likes is that "it should not be too flashy!" (she is very low maintenance) and "it must not be too big" (her ring size is 5....she has very delicate but absolutely gorgeous hands). In light of this I was looking at some Michael Beaudry designs since I love the way these are put together. I also like the look of some of the Varna platinum designs. Question 1; In the opinion of the group, which would be the best way to go in order to achieve the "understated elegance" effect. Have any of you seen designs that would match my requirements? Pictures would be appreciated!

I really like the look of ring style 205459 (left column/ second ring down) in the Beaudry BEAUTIQUE collection at http://www.michaelbeaudry.com/. Unfortunately I live in the Midwest, miles from a dealer who sells these. I would appreciate your thoughts on the following questions;

What shape/ cut diamond would look best in this setting? I am looking for opinions here! Again if anyone has pictures of a ring like this please feel free to share these.

Would I be able to get away with a 0.75 ct stone here or does it need something bigger? Any thoughts on clarity/ color? Should I buy the setting and center stones from the same place?

Any ideas on where I might be able to find a dealer who sells these and how much I might expect to pay? Online dealers would be ideal. My budget is not huge but I am also prepared to pay for quality and something that is really going to make an impression.

Any and all comments, advice and suggestions for this "novice" will be gratefully received!

Thank you in anticipation!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A modified cushion, a square radiant, or an old european would be my suggestions. Problem is those don''t have the spread a round brilliant would have and your looking at .75 carats. Second thought is... Maytal used to design for them (work under the designer) she wold make you a stunning ring that looked similar for much less than the price tag of this one. she does lovely work and PSers have used her before to stunning result. Third is... are you sure she''d prefer a more expensive designer setting and smaller stone? Or maybe a similar setting (we need to get you in touch with Maytal) that costs less and a larger diamond. Just a little larger .9 or 1 carat. I know she has a small finger.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven''t priced these, you may be in for a surprise. You might be better off getting a similar ring elsewhere, although if money were no object, I''d surely love to have a Beaudry ring myself! I''m not sure I''d classify those as "understated elegance", though. They are elegant, and beautiful, but not really understated. A ring without all the little diamonds would be more understated to me.

One of the vendors listed on PS sells Beaudry, and you can get a good idea from his site:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/

What is your total budget for setting and diamond?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
For ease of discussion, front view

beaudrypicfront.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
side view

beaudrypicside.jpg

smitten

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy!!

You made some fantastic suggestions! How would I be able to get in touch with Maytal? Do you know where I could see examples of her work? I really like your idea of "sacrificing" a designer name in order to be able to afford a larger stone in an equally beautiful ring. As I mentioned, my girlfriend is really low maintenance so the name on the inside of the ring would not impress her as much as a ring that really takes her breath away! I greatly appreciate your contribution. It has made my first posting on this list very rewarding! I look forward to receiving your comments.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
princess, radiant, asscher would look good, though i wouldn''t mix an asscher center stone with princess sides.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this the ring? I'd suggest calling Bill Pearlman.

Pearlmans Jewelers he carries Michael beaudry and is most helpful with any info you'd want.

ETA: dang you guys are quick..all that posted while I was loading my iphoto
20.gif

michaelbeaudryring150.jpg

smitten

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting the pictures of the ring, FireGoddess!! I was struggling to get copies of these off the website! Yep....you are right, the setting was a lot more expensive than I anticipated! But is is beautiful
19.gif
! I think I might need to look at some alternatives. Gypsy made a great suggestions to look at Maytal. Anyone else care to offer an opinion? Thanks for the discussion!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Smitten: The only thing I know about Beaudry is that the prices on the setting are MONSTROUS. Not just "expensive" but MONSTROUS. I remember a quote for $15 000 for the setting ONLY
6.gif
. Of course this might not be his custome design stuff so it might be less expensive. In any case, I would consider spending more on a bigger stone, and trying to get someone else to custom make it for you. Good luck!

edited to add: There's something weird about it, is for one of the other rings, if you put your cursor over the ring ($9300) one, it says that it's a semi-mount and to contact for center stone pricing. I'm going to infer $9300 for the setting
6.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question to those of you who know Beaudry...is the beautique collection once that you can buy the setting without a diamond? I know some of his rings cannot be sold without buying the center diamond from him (or the stamp inside is different or something.)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smitten, it''s a gorgeous setting no doubt, but I do think perhaps you may be able to get another similar type setting that''s not brand name for less $$, which would free up more $$ for the stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's the information. She's very nice and I had a very good impression of her from my contact with her.

qqq is the person who recommended her to me. And that link is to the link she did for him. It's stunning. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-royal-setting.41288/page-3

(The link in the text isn't working)

Date: 4/19/2006 9:20:02 PM
Author: qqq
If you are still considering designers you should definitely speak to the woman who did my fiance's e-ring. She was so wonderful to work with, and the quality of the craftsmanship is amazing (very reasonably priced as well). You can check out the ring she made for us at https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-royal-setting.41288/page-2. I'm sure she would be willing to work with you on your design. And we're talking a 100% handmade piece, not machine cast like a lot of places do (no offense meant to anyone, but there is a quality difference). Very, very reasonably priced. She used to work for Michael Beaudry and has recently gone out on her own, so she is really trying to build her 'book of business'. Let's just say I got a quote from Leon for that setting and it was almost 3x what she charged me. And the craftsmanship is beyond amazing, the pictures really can't even do it justice. Her name is Maytal Hannah and her email address is [email protected].

smitten

Rough_Rock
WOW!! That is a stunning ring!! I will definately send her an email. With work like that she is going to have a pretty busy work load in no time at all. Thanks so much for the referal! I will definitely report back on progress and will hopefully have a picture to share with you in the near future. This has been a great discussion. Thanks for your help!!

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2006 7:35:58 PM
Author: smitten
WOW!! That is a stunning ring!! I will definately send her an email. With work like that she is going to have a pretty busy work load in no time at all. Thanks so much for the referal! I will definitely report back on progress and will hopefully have a picture to share with you in the near future. This has been a great discussion. Thanks for your help!!
You will not be dissapointed. Her work is absolutely flawless, beyond describeable. In fact my fiance''s dad was so impressed with the quality of the ring and the intricate detailing, that he really wanted to meet her in person to express how blown away he was by it. Not to mention she is as sweet as could be and was really easy to work with.

qqq

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results