shape
carat
color
clarity

bead set and bead set channel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
i''ve seen fishtail or v prong pave (are they the same thing?)

i''ve seen bead channel pave

is there such a thing as bead pave (without the channel, assuming "channel" means the two sleek metal lines on either set of the shank)?????

if so, please provide images or links to bands that show this sort of bead pave!

thank you.

i''m trying to decide what i like better, and i dislike the textured detail that results from fishtail pave on erings.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have any big jewelry stores in your area that carry lots of designer settings? if you can find one that carries Michael b they should have his regular beadset pave and the fishtail (V) pave. he does both styles. Ritani does more of a channel set pave so you might try to find one of their retailers. that really is the best way to determine how you like them by seeing them in person.

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 10:06:04 PM
Author:pannini
My question as well. Is there a difference between the two?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 9:57:23 AM
Author: mrssalvo
do you have any big jewelry stores in your area that carry lots of designer settings? if you can find one that carries Michael b they should have his regular beadset pave and the fishtail (V) pave. he does both styles. Ritani does more of a channel set pave so you might try to find one of their retailers. that really is the best way to determine how you like them by seeing them in person.
I would agree.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:13:31 AM
Author: lowphat
Date: 5/17/2009 10:06:04 PM

Author:pannini

My question as well. Is there a difference between the two?

fishtail and V prong or also called step-down pave are all basically the same thing.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much everyone, do you guys know where i can find Michael B rings in San Francisco? I've seen Ritani bead channel pave and they are nice but hard to tell when they are so thin!

another concern about the fishtail pave:

i found a sample profile of a fishtail pave with smoothed out edges on either side of the row of pave:

http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/aCatItem.aspx

is there a name for that smoothness or it just depends on the designer? or are there images of this sort of finish on PS?

any help would be appreciated. i dislike the texturing on the fishtail so if i could request a custom designer to do that to the fishtail i'd be happy. unless PS-ers can convince me going for bead channel pave is almost the same.

and yes, i still plan on checking out the rings in real life sometime this week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results