shape
carat
color
clarity

Beach proposal next week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CptRon

Rough_Rock
So, after some thinking, here it is....
My girlfriend of over 3 years and I had already planned an extended trip to my parent''s beach home next weekend. It is a second home and they are not there. We have already taken Thursday and Friday off from work. Two of our very good (newly engaged) friends from college are meeting us there on Friday. I have a great 1ct. diamond selected and it is being delivered next week on a solitaire setting because I can''t decide on the exact setting I want yet. I want her to get the exact one she wants after the proposal. I plan to take a walk with her and our dogs on the beach Thursday or Friday afternoon before our friends come in. I am going to put a note in an old corked bottle and bury it in the sand by the house so the neck of the bottle only sticks out of the sand. I will notice the bottle on the way back up to the house and tell her to see what''s in it. As she opens the bottle to read the note, I will be on one knee with the ring asking her to marry me. I can''t decide whether to put a sweet love note in the bottle or just write, "Will you marry me?" Any advice or feedback will be great. Thanks!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awwww! What a sweet idea.

Here''s what I think - do you have anything you want to say before you propose? When my DH proposed, he gave this sortof rambling re-cap of all of our "milestones" together and then reached for the ring and proposed. He said later that he was sooooo nervous saying all that before hand. I think it might be sweet to write something sentimental in the bottle, and then ask her to marry you when she''s done reading? That way you get to say the magic words instead of have her read them
1.gif

gt6974a

Rough_Rock
I did the camera route (let me get your picture, while I pull out my camera, it''s really your ring), 7 years dating, big time ego trip male talking, and I was nervous as Hell and teared up. I''d keep it simple, but good luck.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
CptRon, personally there''s something super touching about a man actually asking me to marry him. So I''d go with the super sweet, gushy letter inside telling her how wonderful the two of you are together. And then when she''s done, get down on your knee and ask her to marry you. It''s SOOOOOOOOOO "gushy, mushy, make you cry sweet" to hear the man you love say those 4 words to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results