shape
carat
color
clarity

Beach proposal ideas?

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Want to pop the question at the beach this summer while on vacation.... Proposal written in the sand, message in a bottle are nice "cliche" ideas, but given the spot the beach is likely busy enough it wouldn't work out. Currently thinking we will go to dinner ~ 2 blocks away from where we are staying at a nice restaurant where we went on a date while we were there last year ( we go with her parents, brother, and other brother and SO and kids), and walk back on the beach, and while on the beach, just give my little speech about how much i love her and never want to know what it is like to live without her by my side, pull out the ring and drop to a knee on the spot.... any suggestions on how to spice things up a bit?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I really love about that is that you'd do it when on vacation with her family so there can be a big celebration! That will mean a lot to her, I am sure! I really think it sounds sweet and perfect just as you have said! Just curious, you don't have to name the exact beach, but what part of the country? We have always done family trips to the beach, too, so I can really visualize this and think it would create a really happy memory for future beach trips!

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Jan it will be in Dewey Beach, DE.... Her grandfather started taking her mother there when her mother was in her teens. They've gone every year since. She told me a story about when she was younger... Her and her brothers wanted to go to Florida to Disney. Mom and dad said ok, but we can only go one place......needless to say, they never went to Disney. Her room is adorned with seashells and other beach related trinkets, and her walls have 8 pieces of beach themed art. She has so many great memories from there... It's her absolute favorite place in the world, and a place that is already immensely special to her. That's why I want to do it there. Two things I thought of is having a couple bottles of champagne chilling for when we get back, and possibly having some roses stashed somewhere? Or maybe delivered that day?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can manage to have the roses hidden until after the proposal, that would be best. And yes, the champagne idea is excellent!!! Just have a cooler in the trunk of your car! As a matter of fact, you might be able to have a second cooler for the roses if you buy them that afternoon! (And I mean to take them out at the house, of course.)

My only other advice is to do this earlier in the week rather than later, so you can relax and she can be SO happy the rest of the week!

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure what I would tell her to sneak off to get the roses.... I'll have to come up with something......definitely plan on doing it in the first couple days, doubt I'll be able to keep it longer than that.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Anyone else?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard someone hide it in a shell? I have no good ideas.

If it were ME I'd go out in the water, pretend I cut my foot, have her come out to look and be like "i think I scraped it on this rock :lol: then bam! Pull it out. But my FI and I are more fun loving than romantic. Probably wouldn't work for everyone.

I mostly commented to see if your ring was in yet???

AmandaK

Rough_Rock
I love the beach proposal idea, though I have seen such a proposal before, I still think it is romantic. You can also give her a rose, and since there are many relatives and friends too, you can ask them to help you prepare.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1366223143|3429063 said:
I heard someone hide it in a shell? I have no good ideas.

If it were ME I'd go out in the water, pretend I cut my foot, have her come out to look and be like "i think I scraped it on this rock :lol: then bam! Pull it out. But my FI and I are more fun loving than romantic. Probably wouldn't work for everyone.

I mostly commented to see if your ring was in yet???

Sorry for the delay, I haven't checked this forum in a while, I haven't ordered the ring yet. JW at GOG is supposed to start the search for a stone this week.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of putting the ring in a big seashell and carrying it with you and asking her to take a walk on the beach at sunrise (or sunset-whichever you guys prefer) and then bending down and saying wow, look at this beautiful and unique seashell and handing it to her. Imagine her surprise and delight when she sees how beautiful and unique it really is! :love: I would also do it earlier in the week so you guys can bask in the romantic and happy glow of just being engaged all week while you are on vacation!

Best of luck and congratulations!!!

Marina87

Rough_Rock
I love this beach proposal idea. It's romantic and beautiful! Good luck! :appl:

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot, it went really well even though nothing went according to plan. Luckily for me I think quickly on my feet, nothing really bothers me, and I am a good improviser. :D

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best laid plans...

That's why I don't plan anything! Glad to hear it went well. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results