shape
carat
color
clarity

*BATH * POTIONS * & RECIPES*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
This is a thread where you can come to find different types of bath potions to make for yourself or to make as gifts.

Anyone may contribute!
emteeth.gif

Also, I will post things you should not use in your bath, mostly herbs.
emsmileo.gif

Enjoy and have fun!
face23.gif

35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
First one, for all of us choco-holics!

Cocoa Bath Salts

Ingredients:

1/8 cup Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup salts (Dead sea salts, or epson salts)
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Optional: 2 to 3 drops your choice of essential oil. (I love vanilla in this one)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined and then add as the
water is running.

ETA: I usually double this recipe, I like it on the rich side!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Essential Oil/Aroma & Effects on Emotions

Chamomile
: Helps insomnia, anti-depressant, calms nerves & relaxes. Relieves muscle tightness, anti-inflammatory.

Clary Sage: Aids insomnia, anti-depressant, calms nerves, eases anxiety.

Grapefruit: Antidepressant, eases anxiety, great for PMS and hormonal problems.

Juniper: Helps insomnia, calms nerves, sharpens memory.

Lavender: Excellent for balancing the mind, body and spirit. Healing, calming and refreshing. Helps relax and aides in sleep.

Lemongrass: Helps insomnia, calms nerves, sedative.

Majoram: Calming.

Mellisa (Lemon Balm): Calming and inspires optimism.

Sandalwoood: Aphrodisiac, balances mind, body and spirit.

Tangerine: Calms nerves, heals pain of emotional transition.

Thyme: Aids insomnia, antidepressant, upliftting.

Ylang Ylang: Aphrodisiac, anti-depressant, euphoriant.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a recipe for adding diamonds or diamond dust to the bathwater???? Gemstones???Anything sparkly??? Because if you do I will surely squeeze myself into my little bitty tub and drown myself in THAT recipe!!! Just kiddin'' Thank you Darlin'' Joy for posting this thread. You are a fount of bath knowledge (NPI)
emotion-5.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock

Oatmeal Milk Bath Recipe #1

1 cup corn starch
2 cups milk powder
1/2 cup baking soda (increase if your water is hard)
1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal (food processor works great)
Optional:
1/2 cup dried rose petals, lavender or rosemary, and/or a few drops of matching essential oils

Process oatmeal in the blender until finely ground. Add milk powder and process until well mixed.

Pour into a bowl, add corn starch and baking soda, mixing all ingredients very well.

Grind herbs finely with a mortar and pestle, or in the blender, and stir into the powdered mixture. If desired, add a few drops of essential oil and mix well. Put into a glass jar with lid.

Add 1/4 of a cup (or more, if you like) to your next bath to soothe your soul and soften your skin.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 12:44:04 AM
Author: monarch64
Do you have a recipe for adding diamonds or diamond dust to the bathwater???? Gemstones???Anything sparkly??? Because if you do I will surely squeeze myself into my little bitty tub and drown myself in THAT recipe!!! Just kiddin'' Thank you Darlin'' Joy for posting this thread. You are a fount of bath knowledge (NPI)
emotion-5.gif
Your so funny!
emteeth.gif
Man, I''d never come out of the tub if that was the case!

Actually, my 14 year old daughter and I are in the process of developing a bath potion that will leave something sparklie on you ... does that count? When we have it perfected, I will add. It will be a fun one for all the lil'' princess''s out there to feel special too! I think it''s going to be strawberry scented, not for sure though.
face23.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It absolutely counts, Mrs. DJ!! I have been searching for that potion ever since I abandoned my "body glitter" days at the age of 23! LOL! I would love to be able to take a shower and be "showered with glitter!" rather than put it in my hands first and rub it in (too much trouble now). Hee hee, my DH hates it when glitter ends up on his face though, after an evening out, so I don''t wear the stuff much anymore... If you could come up with a non-transferable formular that would be fabulous!!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Theses are herbs that you shouldn''t use in the bath, or essential oil, they are very strong and irritate the skin.

Basil
oregano
nutmeg

cinnamon
black pepper
bay

Also, Women who are pregnant should not take hot baths or baths with any herbs in it the 1ST trimester of pregnancy!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Minty Fields Milk Bath Salts

1 cup cornstarch
3 cups dry milk powder
1 cup sea salt
1/2 cup baking soda
8 Tablespoons of crushed mint leaves
(You can use:Regular Mint, Spearmint, Peppermint, or a combination of all)
Optional: 4-6 drops of coordinating essential oil.

Directions:

Add milk powder, cornstarch, baking soda in bowl, mix well. Add sea salts and crushed mint leaves. Spoon into a decorative air tight jar (canning jars work well) and then add a generous amount to a warm bath, about 1/2 cup, more if you like.

This one works well when you head doens''t feel great. I find it''s is soothing to my sinus''s when they are irritated, just calms them down.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Royal Mum''s Milk Bath

4 cups powdered milk (if you can find powderd buttermilk use this instead)
1 cup ground oatmeal (use food processor)
1/4 cup dried orris root
1/3 cup almond meal (use food processor/powdered consistancy - use blanced or slivered almonds)
2 capsules vitamin E (break them open)
1/2 cup cornstarch

Directions:

Makes enough for a few baths. Combine ingredients make sure its completely mixed. I use my kitchenaid stand mixer. Store in an air tight container (canning jar works). When you are ready to add it to your bath, scoop 1 cup or more if you like, of the mixture and tie securely in a *muslin bag or *old nylons will do. Boil a pot of water and turn off the heat, remove pot from burner and drop in the muslin bag, or nylon in the hot water. Let steep for 1/2 hour to 1 hour before bath. When drawing your bath, pour the potion form the pot, bag and all into your bathtub, make the water as hot as you can stand it. You can also rub this bag over your skin.

To make almond meal: Use a food processor to grind up blanched or slivered almonds to a powdered consistency.

*12" dinner plates make a great template to make your own muslin bags. Gather the edges and draw up to the center and tie off with a ribbon or string.

*Don''t toss out your nylons that have a hole in the toe. Wash and dry the nylons and cut out sections that do not have holes, or runs in them, tie off one end in a knot, put in mixture, and tie off other end in a knot ... voila!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great recipes , thank you MDJ
36.gif
do you have any exfoliator and face mask recipes too?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh! how fun!
36.gif
i am def saving all these recipes to try out!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to add Marilyn Monroe''s bathtime ingredients to this thread. It is said her housekeeper used to run her a bath, add a capful of baby oil and a FULL OUNCE of Chanel Number 5 perfume
6.gif
I add the baby oil but I could never waste Chanel Number 5 in the BATH....
38.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
a full ounce?!! must have been a huge bathtub! sounds delish but too much perfume in the tub could be a recipe for serious urinary tract irritation. don't ask me how i know. :/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won''t ask you Kaylagee! Yes A FULL OUNCE of Chanel - I couldn''t do it - and I don''t think adding perfume to a bath works anyway, it makes the water smell nice but I don''t think it scents the bather at all.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I''ve been away from here ... Daughter had her tonsils out, and boy am I tired~!

Lorelei ... I can''t imagine wasting a full ounce of any perfume in the bath! Wow ... just imagine what her perfume bill must have been!

ok, I will add some more recipes ...
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Homemade Exfoliating Facial and Body Scrub Recipe

2 tablespoons oatmeal
2 tablespoons cornmeal
2 tablespoons wheat germ

This easy and inexpensive to make. It is gentle and works!

Directions:
Mix oatmeal,cornmeal and wheat germ in an air tight jar.

To use:
Combine a teaspoon or two of mixture with a teaspoon or two of water, or you can use your cleanser and make a paste. Massage gently into skin and rinse well. You can also use this like a salt glow recipe, use it on your elbows and knee.

**You can also add baking soda to this ... the baking soda really helps with normal to oily skin. I have a T zone ... and use this occaisionally to help.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I need to know what kind of masks you all want. I have some for dry skin, normal, oily, etc... Let me know and I will add. You can also private message me if you want, and I will add a recipe that way too.

Have a great day!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Just Bumping this thread for anyone who is interested.
face23.gif

Around-the-Eyes Wrinkle-Buster
Simply saturate cotton pads with orange juice and place them on eyes, while lying down for 30 minutes. Rinse.

Serious Facial Wrinkle-Buster

1 egg white, beaten
2 teaspoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
a few drops sweet almond oil

Combine ingredients and apply to face. Allow to remain on for 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water.

*One thing I like to do other than slicing cucumber and chilling them in the freezer for about 5 mins and them placing them on the eye lids is to do the Around the eye wrinkle buster ... and chill the cotton square or round facial pads soaked in this concoction and chill them in the freezer for about 5 mins. It''s a nice alternative to the cucumbers.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask Recipe

1/2 banana
1/4 avocado
1/4 cantaloupe
1 tablespoon wheat germ
2 tablespoons of yogurt

and for extra conditioning ...
squeeze in one capsule of vitamin E

*Mash & cream all ingredients together, apple to hair. Leave in for 15 minutes. Rinse well.

*This is also a great way to use up ''extra'' tid bits of fruit.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad you''re continuing to add to and bump this thread! good time of the year for doing these as there is so much good fruit and vegetables available at the farmers'' markets!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results