shape
carat
color
clarity

Bargaining for Gems?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anybody else here bargain with themselves over a gem stone they REALLY want but can''t justify buying immediately?

Like...
"If it''s still there in 2 months, it''s fate! I''ll have to buy it"
or...
"If it ever goes on sale, I''ll buy it!"
or...
"If I don''t buy shoes/paints/purse for the next X months, I''ll buy that gemmy!"
or..

Haha, I''m totally in love with a stone right now that I just...can''t..buy at the moment since I need the extra cash for gifts. But believe me, I''m making up all sorts of deals in my head!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! My bargaining is much more "I''m going to try to forget it, and if I can''t forget it and don''t write it down and don''t mention it to SO or on CS, and find it again and still love it, then I''ll consider it." (i.e. more desperate and confused). Ugh.

Can you at least describe what you''re in love with? I know, don''t want it taken out from under you, but in colorful, flowery, no cutter or species listing, speech?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s "stop light red"
27.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
One look in our checking account stalls any bargaining w/myself. However, I did do a lot of reasoning with and convincing myself to actually buy my first stone. I figured there were plenty of other things the money could well be spent on..but I don''t *do* anything for myself so by golly I''m worth it!

You''re worth it too MTG! Maybe a nice Christmas present to yourself? Or from Husband? You could be a good girl and not touch it til then right?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, stoplight red! Tempting red
31.gif
I agree with Pack, can you disguise it as a gift for something else? Or, just how many months of no purses, etc would it be?

For me, I had gem rings and earrings, but I''ve never bought a gem for myself. And I''m afraid of doing it! If I start, what if I can''t stop? Buying for projects for other people is safer!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2009 9:35:42 PM
Author: Novel
For me, I had gem rings and earrings, but I''ve never bought a gem for myself. And I''m afraid of doing it! If I start, what if I can''t stop? Buying for projects for other people is safer!

Hehe, colored stones are definitely addicting!!

I''m hopefully getting my tsavorite ring by early next week, maybe that''ll distract me for awhile!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep - there are three gems that I have an ongoing relationship with. In my case, one is labeled "next month if I don''t spend anymore on gems", "if the end of year bonus is what I expect" and "when I get my promotion or hell freezes".

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Yes, but that''s assuming I can make myself wait....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results