shape
carat
color
clarity

Barbells & Bag Baubles. (Maybe save this thread for after work, y'all).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing suspect here. Just added the disclaimer for those extra-uptight work environments. ::)

Y'all might recall that I bought some very large WSS studs from Pearl Paradise in 2020. 13.4mm. They were too big to wear as studs - even doubling up on BlingDots couldn't make my ears hold them upright. So I had them full-drilled with 1.6mm holes, large enough to pass leather cord through, and I tied them to my purse handles because why the heck not. Some people do branded bag charms... :bigsmile: Absolutely loved the look of pearls on the purse. Totally OTT. Hated the leather cord though, the stuff broke if I pulled too hard, was impossible to untie, I couldn't ever make the ends look neat...

A couple weeks ago I decided to Finally Fix This. Had this brainwave around 3am of course. I kind of figured all I needed was an eyepin with loops on both ends... But I'm cr*p with wire-wrapping, so DIY wasn't an option, and I also refused to pay someone else to do something that could easily be DIY'd if I wasn't such cr*p with wire wrapping :boohoo:

Probably not a huge surprise to anyone that trawling Etsy at 3am leads one to unexpected places :lol: I went from wire to carabiners to marine D locks to nuts and bolts to... And ended up at body jewellery. And wound up having two barbells custom made. And OMG. They're just so perfect for this. Who'd ever have guessed!?

Pegs are 14gauge (perfect width for my pearls' drill holes) and 14mm long. The balls on both ends are 6mm, and they just screw onto the pegs - no DIY loop-making needed! And everything in surgical steel - super cost-effective and actually better than gold for the screw threads!! :appl:

When I first got the parcel - yeah, these things were very very very obviously body jewellery. With all the extra rings and O-clasps though - it really doesn't "read" as questionable at all!! This confirmed both by PS friends and the lack of (overt, anyway) WTF from coworkers who I haven't told about this little experiment :bigsmile:

I debated sharing here - such a weird little side project - but I actually am really happy with the way this turned out, unorthodox as it is, and figured maybe someone else would have some use for the idea ::)

1647304935305.png

1647304951189.png

1647304964098.png

1647304974012.png

1647304982995.png

1647304992513.png

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I hate manipulating eye pins to make loops as well so this is genius! Looks great as a bracelet and purse accessory.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are brilliant! I must confess that I was half asleep when I started reading and was wondering “where on her body is she going to wear them?…..”. Anyhow, glad to see they are still bag charms!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are brilliant! I must confess that I was half asleep when I started reading and was wondering “where on her body is she going to wear them?…..”. Anyhow, glad to see they are still bag charms!!

This is about the most milquetoast version of this story I could come up with :bigsmile: I’m not one for body piercings so there was a lot about this whole thing that I discovered in a hurry… That I definitely could *not* share on PS :lol:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is about the most milquetoast version of this story I could come up with :bigsmile: I’m not one for body piercings so there was a lot about this whole thing that I discovered in a hurry… That I definitely could *not* share on PS :lol:
I will use my imagination……..:angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results