shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguettes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vir0n

Rough_Rock
From the short time I've been lurking on PS, I don't see too many settings with baguettes. Am I wrong? I kinda like the classic look of them. What's the general consensus?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE a round diamond with baguettes. They''re just hard to pair a wedding ring to.

Hera

Ideal_Rock

The ultimate: Harry Winston baguette ring

Harrywinston.com under engagement rings

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of baguettes but I have seen some very classy looking rings with baguettes that I wouldn''t mind owning.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like baguettes - they provide a little additional bling without the worry of pave. Then again, I might be biased.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful. I love them with Rounds, cushions, and any step cut.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I sooooooooooooo want some of these baguette bands from Canturi!!! If I could afford them, you would see my setting that I would buy.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Sera, I think you and I have similar tastes
9.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
All of these talks about baguettes is making me want a new baguette setting. I think I would pick a Leon Mege with tapered baguettes.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 1:47:12 AM
Author: sera
I sooooooooooooo want some of these baguette bands from Canturi!!! If I could afford them, you would see my setting that I would buy.

Oh. I LOVE THOSE. I LUST for those. Have since I first saw them. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Canturi. Cubism. Looooooooooooooove.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I like baguettes!
2.gif

DRSDMS

Rough_Rock
I like the tapered baguette look around any shape diamond. It is a very classic look.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I love baguettes and looked for them for a long time. You are right, they are not too prevalent on the market right now. I just bought a Tacori wedding set with baguettes. Some sites call them emerald cuts, but to me they are baguettes:

http://www.brownsjewelers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HT-2352

I also love this classic look from Verragio:

http://www.verragio.com/gallery_detail.php?prod_id=546&col_id=52&slide_num=2

Here is a Tacori baguette halo that I seriously considered:

http://www.jsmarten.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2525RD7

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love baguettes as well! My coworker has a beautiful 2 carat asscher with baguetts and I''m in love with it--now I wish I''d stuck to only step cuts in my set. Baguettes are great because they provide more finger coverage, but still keep the ring thin and elegant. I think any shape of stone looks good with baguettes and if you add a baguette eternity band (a la ChicagoGirl''s set), it''s perfection!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2008 1:47:12 AM
Author: sera
Sera, those are amazing! Do you by any chance know the pricing on those rings?

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
I think the baguettes got left behind in the recent years in terms of ring design. I know Tiffany and Harry Winston always kept their classic look with the side baguettes but almost all other designers moved either in to round pave'' look or princess, pear or round side stones.

I am not sure if that has something to do with supply or the price of the diamonds but I remember at one point all you can see was the Tiffany''s classic look with a round or an emerald center stone and two baguettes, one on each side of the center.

When I was shopping for my ring, I noticed that Verragio still had quiet a few styles with side baguettes in their Classico, Bellezza and Euro collections. I didn''t realize this before but they also have their own signature cut baguette diamonds used in the limited edition Bellezza collection.

I wonder if there will be a retro look in the upcoming jewelry design trends...

Heather

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/22/2008 5:18:22 PM
Author: DiamondGirlHH
I think the baguettes got left behind in the recent years in terms of ring design. I know Tiffany and Harry Winston always kept their classic look with the side baguettes but almost all other designers moved either in to round pave' look or princess, pear or round side stones.

Baguettes are and always will be Classic..., the problem is when cut right and to order..., they are pricier than rounds..., not to mention more complicated and expensive to set.

I am not sure if that has something to do with supply or the price of the diamonds but I remember at one point all you can see was the Tiffany's classic look with a round or an emerald center stone and two baguettes, one on each side of the center.

Tiffany, HW, Cartier and VC&A never abandoned using them..., on the contrary..., they are incorporating more and more in their designs which are based on their archives!

When I was shopping for my ring, I noticed that Verragio still had quiet a few styles with side baguettes in their Classico, Bellezza and Euro collections. I didn't realize this before but they also have their own signature cut baguette diamonds used in the limited edition Bellezza collection.

I wonder if there will be a retro look in the upcoming jewelry design trends...

Heather
For some reason (and I really dont know why...) PS vendors dont market them more...?

Pity..., as they are great to use for unique designs!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Shields are also a nice alternative to baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results