shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondjane

Rough_Rock
Help! My ring is only 3 months old and ONE BAGUETTE fell out yesterday. I''m sick about it because it''s lost. I''m trying to figure out how and why.

It''s a round stone with a baguette on either side. Each baguette was set with one end set into the shank (slight indentation in the platinum), and the other set with two prongs.

I am so gentle with the ring; no cooking, cleaning, etc. In fact, I''ve never knocked it on anything. I do clean it with a Sonic Care toothbrush and a Waterpik occasionally. Could that have loosened the stone?

Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Thanks.
confused.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If the baguette was tight in the mounting as I assume it was the most logical way it could have been lost was it was broken in half and fell out. It does not take much to break a long thin baguette. I know you said you were careful with your ring but over the years I have seen this happen over and over again. The only thing you can do is replace it and hope it does not happen again.
If the baguette was not tight in the mounting, it probably just worked itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results