shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguette/trap halo for asscher...opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Jon from GOG sent a few pictures of what the setting of the 2.26 asscher would look like.

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

jst_asscher_top_persp.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Oops!!! My resizing of Jon''s pic made the photo too small and I can''t seem to re-size it
38.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 9:08:49 PM
Author:isaku5
Jon from GOG sent a few pictures of what the setting of the 2.26 asscher would look like.

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

what''s not to love? I think it is great...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isabel, I love the top of the ring, but the sides and basket look a bit heavy to me...jmho...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 12:41:28 PM
Author: diamondfan
Isabel, I love the top of the ring, but the sides and basket look a bit heavy to me...jmho...

ditto, but i also know that cads and waxes often look a lot bulkier than the rings end up being. I love the top and the proportions look nice.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 12:49:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 8/7/2006 12:41:28 PM
Author: diamondfan

ditto, but i also know that cads and waxes often look a lot bulkier than the rings end up being. I love the top and the proportions look nice.
thanks Mrs S, good to know, because it looked more modern and thick than I think it should, the top is so lovely...

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think there is just too much going on. When I look at the top of the ring, the center stone does not stand out at all.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
well if you want my honest opinion I''m not crazy about it. Too much going on and the center stone gets lost. I''d prefer the asscher alone with a trap on each side or a thinner halo around it alone.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe if the stone was raised up a bit so the girdle was on an equal line with the bezel it would stand out a bit more.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I think it''s a little flat, too. Raise up the center stone and lower the traps a little, maybe. Or get rid of the traps. Or like someone else said, set the assher with traps on the side with no halo.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
That's what i meant to say too, just had no time to illustrate, here is very rough mock up...

3StAsscher1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, I love the minor adjustment Irina just did.

Isaku hasn''t come back but I''m pretty sure this is a RHR and she want''s the halo to get as much finger coverage as possible. She doesn''t want it to look like and e-ring. I do agree though that raising the stone just a touch is really nice.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I like the halo, either, but you're the one wearing it.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 8:22:24 PM
Author: mrssalvo
ooo, I love the minor adjustment Irina just did.

Isaku hasn''t come back but I''m pretty sure this is a RHR and she want''s the halo to get as much finger coverage as possible. She doesn''t want it to look like and e-ring. I do agree though that raising the stone just a touch is really nice.
Thanks everyone for your help. A special thank-you to Irina for the adjustment.
35.gif

As mrssalvo stated, I chose the halo to make the ring look substantial enough to be worn on a size 8 right hand finger.

My own opinion of the CAD''s is that the ring looks boxy, heavy and kind of unisex. That wasn''t what I was trying to achieve at all. I wanted the fluid lines of the Daniel K look.

PS The 3.20 asscher ring with flanking traps is still available and starting to look very attractive as it would be the same price as the custom bag/halo ring. I''ll try to attach a photo.

Your comments/suggestions are most welcome as always.
35.gif

3.20 asscher .95 traps.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku,
I am late chiming in. I do love the adjustments that Irina made. The beauty of cads is that you can make adjustments. The cad images are often bulkier than when the ring is actually made. I know mine were. My ring came out very delicate and I love it. I''d work with them to get the cads just how you want them. A tweak here and there, and voila you''ll have a stunning ring. Just my 0.2.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh PriceScope! You did exactly what I was thinking to that ring! You should be a ring designer!

Isaku, I love the other ring. It is classic and timeless, and I''m just not sure about that halo. On the other hand, your finger size could wear a halo ring very well. So it could work with some adjustments to the CAD image. It just still needs some design work!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not liking it. Needs different levels. Like the asscher raised (Irina's got it there)... then the halo a step down from that a level... traps a level down from there. And well. The platinum halo around the stone looks too thick to me. Over all-- I think the traps are too small too. If they were bigger they'd well... be in proportion. As it is they look a bit lost and pointless-- like an afterthought. Also... do they need platinum between the baguettes in the halo? Can't they invisible set it?

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
It looks too heavy, especaiily the basket and the shank. I don''t have experience looking at cad images, so perhaps the actual ring will look more delicate and softer. I like the look of 8 stones instead of 12 stones in the halo, but the halo seems too wide in proportiion to the center stone. The top looks too flat. I would definitely raise the center stone, as suggested by the others, to give it a more 3-dimensional look and also use as little metal as possible. I also prefer the shank to be tapered.

AN

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone''s comments. The CAD image looks very bulky and flat across the top. Irina''s rendition is much better. The halo seems to be overpowering the center stone as well. Is that an airline I see after the bezel around the center stone? I think the interrupts the flow of the design. My Asscher halo ring has an airline too but the center is prong set. For a bezel set Asscher, I prefer no airline like Kaleigh''s gorgeous RHR. Just my 2cents.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback, PS''ers.
35.gif
You''re right on the money with those comments. My first reaction on seeing the CAD''s was OMG! I wouldn''t wear that even if it were free.
38.gif
I will pass along all my concerns to Jonathan. Rather than giving me the re-assurance I was hoping for, it has made me even more hesitant to proceed.

Plan B: The asscher with trap ring pictured above????

Plan C: Scrap the project?????

Any input is welcome!!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... since you brought it up... I do LOVE that asscher with traps! Plus, you *know* what it looks like so the mystery-in-production factor is taken out of the equation.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaku -- I think the stone you''ve got from GOG is GORGEOUS and if you were to scrap the halo project, I''m sure Jonathan could make you a breathtaking ring with trap sides just like the Craigslist one. This way, you''ll know absolutely everything about all the stones, and will have total peace of mind regarding quality and customer service. There are so many unknowns with the Craigslist ring and with the whole long-distance factor, it may not be an easy buying experience for you.

That said, I think it''s really hard to tell with the CAD images how your ring is really going to turn out. Don''t give up on this project yet, you''ve come so far! You clearly wouldn''t have come this far if you didn''t love the halo design. Convey all your concerns to Jonathan and see what he says before making any big decisions. Don''t worry, you''ll have your dream ring yet!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree to talk to Jonathan but honestly, I''ve never seen ANY cads that really look pretty, if that makes sense. Do a search on cads and some other threads will pop up with people cad pics. I remember Kaleigh''s cads were not all that stunning but the final product turned out dainty and beautiful. Tell Jonathan your concerns but I would give him a chance and not scrap the project just yet.
here are londonblue''s cads: looks kinda big and bulky to me:

0ering_cad01.jpg

here''s the final ring:

halo_ering26.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very true, mrssalvo. I LOVE londonblue''s rings and the cad image certainly did not do it justice!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 11:42:57 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Isaku -- I think the stone you''ve got from GOG is GORGEOUS and if you were to scrap the halo project, I''m sure Jonathan could make you a breathtaking ring with trap sides just like the Craigslist one. This way, you''ll know absolutely everything about all the stones, and will have total peace of mind regarding quality and customer service. There are so many unknowns with the Craigslist ring and with the whole long-distance factor, it may not be an easy buying experience for you.

That said, I think it''s really hard to tell with the CAD images how your ring is really going to turn out. Don''t give up on this project yet, you''ve come so far! You clearly wouldn''t have come this far if you didn''t love the halo design. Convey all your concerns to Jonathan and see what he says before making any big decisions. Don''t worry, you''ll have your dream ring yet!
The reason for the halo in the first place was to get finger coverage without having to buy a 3c asscher. The price for the Craigslist ring will be the same as the halo set asscher ring.

Before I would even consider the Craigslist ring, I''d have it appraised at my expense by Nancy Stacy and move on from there.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Mrssalvo...Thanks so much for the reminder of londonblue''s CADs. They look bulky for sure. I have e-mailed Jonathan with my comments and hope he''ll get back to me today with suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results