shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Bag Lovers UNITE ...

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by decodelighted, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decodelighted
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by decodelighted » Apr 13, 2007
    ... in your adoration for a FIFTEEN DOLLAR bag that is sure to be the chic-est Summer tote under the sun, not to mention, environmentally-conscious!

I pre-ordered my two (max. order) just now & am SUPER PSYCHED to pass on the release dates & latest scoop now that I'm assured mine!!! [​IMG]

Bag Snob's linkie/info/etc

Wheeeeee!

anyabaggie.jpg

2. monarch64
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by monarch64 » Apr 13, 2007
    Well CRAP. It says the pre-order is already sold out! Darn you Deco for getting me all excited!!!

3. decodelighted
    Super_Ideal_Rock

NO!!! It can't BE! I called the Short Hills, NJ store just a couple hours ago! [​IMG]

ETA: On Anya's site it says they're sold out -- but I think that's talking about the London version. I *think* the four or five U.S. stores are just starting to take pre-orders for the U.S. Version. I hope I'm right!!

4. monarch64
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh, ok, so what do I do, just call one of the US stores and pre-order? i see there are only like two, lol!

5. neatfreak
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by neatfreak » Apr 13, 2007
    Ohhh! How fun! I just called the LA location and ordered mine! Thanks Deco!

6. decodelighted
    Super_Ideal_Rock

That's what I did ... I also read that the U.S. version would be avail for pre-order ONLINE starting May 7th -- but since they sold out so fast in the U.K. -- I wanted to jump at the FIRST POSSIBLE oppty.

I am a GEEK!

Prob should have let my off-line friends & family get a head start before posting here but ...[​IMG]

7. monarch64
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Argh, just got off the phone with my best friend who''s living in Jersey and we talk so seldom that I forgot to bring this up and have her order me one! I really want this bag...I''m just outside Chicago...DECO what do I do now?![​IMG] Seriously, I really want one...why is this so hard for moi?

8. flopkins
    Ideal_Rock

by flopkins » Apr 13, 2007
    haha that is awesome. I don''t think I''ll be dying to buy one, since I have a great Trader Joe''s one that is insulated already that I use all the time!!

And I think SF and Berkeley both recently passed laws to ban plastic bags.... [​IMG]

9. Beacon
    Ideal_Rock

by Beacon » Apr 14, 2007
    This is so cute!

I am glad they banned them in San Francisco. In my area, south of SF, they are going to ban in two years. Whole Foods gives fives cents off for bringing your own bag. I love it!

10. decodelighted
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by decodelighted » Apr 14, 2007
    [​IMG][​IMG] What do you do?? Okay ..

Step One -- cut a hole in the box ... whoops... that''s a different set of instructions.

STEP ONE -- go to the link above. Scroll down. Look for phone #s to four U.S. stores: LA, 2 in NYC, NJ. Call any of those numbers. Ask if they are "accepting pre-orders for the NOT A PLASTIC BAG" ... if they say "yes" -- give them your credit card info & address and wait by the mailbox until mid-June. VOILA!!!

[​IMG]

** maybe I didn''t mention that they are MAILING out the bags -- you don''t have to be near a store to pick them up. OOPS My bad!

11. elle
    Shiny_Rock

by elle » Apr 17, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up Decodelighted! Am going to call tomorrow!

Love them! They'll make cute library totes! [​IMG]

12. FireGoddess
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by FireGoddess » Apr 18, 2007
    LOL. I too have 2 Trader Joe''s bags (love that they are insulated!) and 2 Whole Foods bags so luckily I''m already set. [​IMG] Do you feel weird using them at other stores? That would be the benefit of a generic.

13. Fancy605
    Brilliant_Rock

by Fancy605 » Apr 20, 2007
    My bridesmaides are all rather "Green" I think these would make cute bridesmaids gifts for them.

14. musey
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by musey » Apr 20, 2007
    omg deco you are amazing right now, hahahahaha

15. decodelighted
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by decodelighted » Jun 14, 2007
    Oh yeah ... oh yeah ...

It''s not bling but ....MY TWO BAGS CAME IN TODAY .... several days early!!! They weren''t due to U.S. stores until the 20th so it totally caught me by suprise!

The handle is a little shorter than I''d hoped -- no over the shoulder tote-age for me, without stretching it a bit. But it''s super cute & ready for summer action!! (Also CHEAP!!! Love a CHEAP fashiony FINDDDDDDD!!!)

[​IMG]

Anyone else order ''em??? Got yours yet??

p.s. -- no pix though, DH has our digital camera on a biz trip. Haven''t decided what to do with my "extra" one .... gift? Sell on Ebay? Hmmmmm. Maybe I''ll keep BOTH.

16. Skippy123
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Skippy123 » Jun 17, 2007
    Awesome. I love it! [​IMG]

17. neatfreak
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by neatfreak » Jun 17, 2007
    I got mine too! They are adorable.

18. snlee
    Ideal_Rock

by snlee » Jun 17, 2007
    Very cute bag!

I''m glad they banned plastic bags too. The Trader Joe''s near me gives you raffle tickets for bringing your own bags. If I remember correctly, they have drawings twice a month, and you can win a $25 shopping spree.

19. Skippy123
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Skippy123 » Jun 18, 2007
    Yip, you are right about the raffle except where I live they do the drawing weekly. I think it is a great idea [​IMG] Trader Joe''s rocks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.