shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad picture, should I be concerned?

qwibbled

Rough_Rock
I just purchased my first diamond, got my pricescope discount (yay!). It''s an H VS2 and looks nice and clean by my inexperienced eyes, but the photo is also really blurry. Photos of other diamonds are very crisp, the arrows are dark and clear, not so much in this photo. The folks at jamesallen said not to worry it''s just the photo, but I figured I''d seek an objective opinion here. Is it just the photo? Cut is Ideal AGS 0. Also there doesn''t seem to be any noticeable inclusions other than very tiny specs only visible at 20x, is it possible the out of focus nature of the photo could be hiding something? Thanks! Cost was $620.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1239052.asp

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately the photography at James Allen is not up to the quality level of GOG or Whiteflash.
This is not the first complaint.

The stone itself is probably fine.
I'm sure they did not make it out of focus to conceal anything since it is AGS0 cut and VS2 clarity.

qwibbled

Rough_Rock
Yes unfortunately GOG and Whiteflash didn''t have anything in the price/size/quality I was looking for. Hope I didn''t make a mistake! :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I''m not the numbers expert around here, but from what I''ve learned I think that''s going to be a really pretty stone. Plus you''re getting it for several hundred cheaper than I''m getting one only a few points larger.

qwibbled

Rough_Rock
Well no one else seems concerned so I guess there''s nothing to worry about

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results