shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad idea?

zmoney

Rough_Rock
I am going to be a groomsmen in a wedding coming in March. Would it be a bad idea to ask the Bride and Groom to rig the bouquet and garder toss so that my gf and I catch it, then while I am putting the garder on her leg, I come out with the ring and ask her to marry me? We have been to 2 other weddings now where we both have caught the bouquet and garder so I figure I can work in the phrase "the third time is a charm". I haven't even asked the bride or groom if it would be okay with them because I don't want to impose on their night. Just would like to hear what the boards ideas are. Thanks in advance.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would impose. Basically it would be hijacking their day - even if they are nice enough to say it's OK. You have great ideas and can undoubtedly think of an even more wonderfully fun proposal.

zmoney

Rough_Rock
I agree, those are my fears. On for the next idea. Thanks

CodyJPhoto

Rough_Rock
zmoney|1390853610|3602204 said:
I agree, those are my fears. On for the next idea. Thanks

I'd definitely avoid this if you can my man! I know someone who proposed during someones birthday and they we're seen in quite a poor light by many others for taking that persons special day away.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others that the timing might impose on the couple's day. But perhaps you can set things up so you propose later in the evening after the wedding, when you two are alone? You can still ask the bride and groom to throw it to her (just tell them you're not proposing AT the wedding) and then set up the conversation later in the evening...

"Wow, I can't believe you caught the bouquet again, I guess the third times the charm"...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute idea, though. Good luck.

Oops, resurrected thread

Marina87

Rough_Rock
Not a good idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results