shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad experiences with pointed diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
While my BF has yet to officially pop the question, I have started looking into diamonds and settings for when the time is right. From a practical standpoint, I don''t want to get my ring caught on fabrics or injure anyone (my BF''s mother used to cut him with her marquise before she had it reset in a lower setting). Does anyone with a marquise or pear center stone or pear sidestones have any warnings or recommendations? I would appreciate any input!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Alyce, I have a pear set in a cathedral mount from Diamonds by Lauren. I''ve only had it for a few days, but I don''t see how I could possibly cut myself with it. The head has a v-tip that protects the tip of the pear (and the skin of those around me!) and I think it''s great. I don''t anticipate it being a problem. That being said, my friend has a 2ct. marquise that doesn''t have a v-tip prongs. She regularily tears paper while filing in the cabinet. Hope this helps
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2005 1:05:44 AM
Author: CoutureFemme

I have a pear set in a cathedral mount from Diamonds by Lauren. I''ve only had it for a few days, but...

Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute!
9.gif
Why is this sort of news buried here instead of gracing its very own thread?
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2005 2:26:21 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 11/11/2005 1:05:44 AM
Author: CoutureFemme

I have a pear set in a cathedral mount from Diamonds by Lauren. I''ve only had it for a few days, but...

Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute!
9.gif
Why is this sort of news buried here instead of gracing its very own thread?
2.gif
Yea, Veronica, what''s up with that?
31.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Alyce,
I have a pear and had a marquise before this upgrade. The only tme my e-rings were a problem as far as scratching things or getting caught on things is when I had my children. Trying to diaper a squirming baby with a pointy e-ring is not a good thing.
7.gif

Other than that, my point does not seem to get caught on things any more than I think a prong-set round stone would. I mean, if you are putting your arm through a loosely woeven sweater, any ring is going to get caught whether is has a point or not.

I agree with Gary. If you get a pointy stone, make sure it is protected by a V tip, especailly if it is a ring you are going to wear daily.

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input. I''ve been looking at rings with v-tips, but I was still a bit worried because I can be very hard on jewelry and I''m clumsy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results