shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Experience with Decodolly on DB

bellamama

Rough_Rock
First let me say I am not a "complainer," just someone who wanted to get what I paid for. And instead, I got scammed.

I had never purchased anything on DB before, much less internationally. My first purchase--last month--was a pair of antique diamond cluster stud earrings, 14K with platinum tops, and screw posts for pierced ears, from seller "decodolly." The photos were very poor... no close-ups...but they still looked promising, so I asked a lot of questions (although I noticed on THIS PS site that decodolly posts beautiful clear close-up pictures of her own vintage jewelry collection...hmmm).

I asked her specifically in multiple emails traded back and forth, the mm size of the earrings in diameter, and how large the diamonds in the clusters actually were. I was assured by seller that the heads were "between 8 and 8.5 mm" and that the diamonds in the clusters were "between .07 and .10 ct each." With 7 diamonds in each earring, at just .07 ct each, that would bring the TCW to AT LEAST 1.00, and the heads at 8 yo 8.5 mm, would face up the size of 2.25 ct diamond studs.

Anyway, going on this information from seller, I paid $500 for them, and got them two weeks later from England (not her fault, mail takes time). They were TINY! They measured 6.51 and 6.53 mm in my digital gauge (see photos) and the largest diamond in the cluster was no larger than .04 ct. I contacted her, explained the situation, showed her the gauge photos, and asked how she would like to resolve it, and she ignored my emails--so I had to open a dispute with Paypal--attaching her email representation of the earrings, and these photos posted here (what I actually got). She still would not budge even with Paypal, and she immediately escalated the case to a full-fledged "claim," hoping I would just go away.

Paypal found in my favor, after reviewing the evidence--I had to send them all of our correspondence, along with the photos of these earrings in the gauge.

The part that really frosts me is that I had to pay $58.00 out of pocket to return them to her, because I needed "signature confirmation" and FEDEX was the only way--before I could get my refund from Paypal. And she had the nerve to tell me she would not sign for them, unless I marked them as a "gift" so she would not have to pay customs fees on the returned item (which I didn't do). Today they were delivered, and Paypal refunded my money.

Anyway, just warning anyone who might come across these earrings on DB by seller decodolly--you should know that they are barely 1/2 carat total weight and measure around 6.5 mm.

clusterears1.jpg

clusterears2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results