shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Business.....NEED ADVICE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Everyone has been so helpful thru my process of picking and giving me advice on a loose stone...This is a great forum.

OK, here is the situation.

I purchased a setting thru an internet dealer. Upon receipt, the sidestones do not appear what they advertised. They advertised the sidestones to be of G/H color and VS1 clarity... I know I am not an expert BUT, I can see defects with the naked eye...the sidestones have black specks in them and one of them is so cloudy!!!!! The ring is also not made to my specifications and the quality overall is awful. I am returning this item, BUT...

Here is the dilemma...They do accept returns, however, with the paperwork that was sent (drafted by a lawyer) to me along with the ring, it says "there is a 20% restocking fee"!!!!! NOWHERE on their website (even the return policy page) is this ever mentioned!!!!!

Please, anyone with any advice......

Thanks in advance!!!

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I would contact them immediately. Explain to them nicely that what they advertised were VS1 stones, yet you can clearly see carbon spots, did they send you the wrong item in error? If not, I would ask them to rectify the situation (it was not your fault that the stones are not clear, so it should not be at any cost to you). Worse case, they misrepresented the item, so they're still at fault. But contact them immediately!

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Tara.

Although, I feel that overall, the quality of the entire ring is awful and am nervous about letting them redo the ring for me (it took them over a month to make this ring)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results