shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad at waiting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydayluck

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I finally got my b/f to tell me that he will propose within a year. My problem is, I love suprises, but I am so bad at waiting (I always look up movie endings, read the last page of a book before it''s done, ect). How can I keep myself from asking any more questions or looking for signs. I am so bad at waiting :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I truley wanted to stop thinking about when it was going to be I would have to stop reading PS.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I do that too. I wish I could help, I''m that hopeless as well... It''s not easy to wait, but when it''s done it''s definitely worth it!

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
What''s funny with me is that with my ex, I waited for 4 & 1/2 loooong years for that blasted ring! I hounded him ALL the time, when asked what do you want for Christmas, bday, etc..... "a ring" was always my answer....

Well I finally got one, he got it for $100 at a pawn shop! Now at the time, I wanted a ring SO bad, I just accepted it, but it was SOOOO not my taste, style, etc. I HATE yellow gold!!

Now, with my current BF/love of my life. I know what I want & he knows what I want
2.gif

I have no real point here, just tellin my lil story
1.gif

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I totally know the feeling. I am constantly looking at Grey's Anatomy spoilers and stuff online, I just cannot stand not knowing. Of corse, now that I have picked out my diamond and setting, I feel like I have taken much of the suprise out of the engagement.

Then again, I do not think I could have standed not being a part of that process...

Wish I could offer you some advice, but, I am a "hounder" too. Always trying to weasel out information LOL

Good luck

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 1:33:17 PM
Author:rainydayluck
Hi!
I finally got my b/f to tell me that he will propose within a year. My problem is, I love suprises, but I am so bad at waiting (I always look up movie endings, read the last page of a book before it''s done, ect). How can I keep myself from asking any more questions or looking for signs. I am so bad at waiting :)
Hi rainydayluck,

I can totally understand how you feel! I''m exactly the way you are. I always read the ending of the book first, and I always skip to the end of the movie to find out if i like it or not before i continue from the beginning! (yes...i do believe i''m a bit nutty) but i feel the same way. I''ve waited 8 years for the ring (and for the most of those 8 years believing we''d never get married) but we finally purchased a ring last month and i''m just waiting for it to be finished and then i have to wait for him to ''formally'' give it to me... I''m always wondering when, where, how its going to happen.. All we can do is be patient
2.gif

Good luck! I''m sure it will be a wonderful surprise and it will be well worth your wait.
1.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I would have to agree. I am just a newbie but I lurked for awhile. I for sure think it has made my obsession worse, but in a good way
2.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, if I only knew the answer to that question! Looking at other's bling on pricescope and living vicariously through them has helped some. Also staring at jewelry store windows, lol. I try not to bring it up too much because my boyfriend is definitely the type to prolong it if he thinks I have any idea that it is coming. I have sent him detailed emails as to what I want and who to buy it from but I will not know when he purchases the ring. Not knowing ANYTHING makes it so much more nerve wracking. I wish he were like some ps'ers ffs who let them be completely involved in the buying process and even see the finished product before they propose!
7.gif

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
I know what ya mean Miscka! I lurked here for about a week & it just sucked me in like a fly to light!! I know that my bf has bought the ring, and he''s told me about it, but knowing him, there is really no telling what he actually got!!! He likes to joke around and tease ALOT!!!!
SOOOO not fair!!! lmao

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results