shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Maui!!! and Married!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ps''ers! Well we are back from Maui and we are married!!!!

Timeline: We left for Maui on Sat, April 26, got married on Tues, April 29 then left for Kauai on Sat, May 3 and got back to SF on Thurs, May 8.

We had such a wonderful time, hanging out with our family and of course.... getting married!
1.gif
We had 30 guests from all over the country attend and most stayed for the whole week which was awesome. We basically partied the whole time, Saturday night and Sunday night. Then on Monday night we had our rehearsal dinner at the Five Palms in Kihei, it was super yummy! Then Tuesday was the wedding. My then-fiance
1.gif
booked us each an in room massage for the morning of our wedding, which was super sweet and helped to calm my nerves. It was funny, leading up to the wedding everyone kept asking me, are you nervous? well... that question was making me nervous!!! But other than that I wasn''t stressed at all. All I can say is thank god I had a wedding planner!!!

So we statred getting ready around 1:30 and my hair lady came in and literally finished my hair in 30 minutes and did an awesome job!!! I didn''t even have a hair trial w/ her. I did have one back here in SF and took lots of pics which helped out a lot. After that I did my own makeup, but I have to give props to the guy at the Georgio Armani counter at Nordstrom Valley Fair, he gave me a ton of pointers and I love that luminous foundation! It rocks!!!! I''m not a liquid foundation girl, but I really really loved it! So after hair, makeup, then the photog showed up and took pics of the dress and my bm''s and my mom lacing it up, I was ready!!! Well....... The ceremony was suppose to start at 5:30, there were huge swells (and it was super windy) that day and our officiant was stuck in traffic coming from Lahania heading to Kihei!!! The swells/waves were crashing onto the hwy leading to Kihei and tourists were stopping and starring causing a bad back up, so the off. was 30 minutes late. So instead of doing the ceremony right away, we went ahead and took pics first. They had my FI turn around so he couldn''t see me and then I walked up to him from behind and tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around to see me for the first time
9.gif
and the photographer got to capture that so it was all good.
1.gif
Oh and it totally started to sprinkle before the ceremony, but belive it or not, I didn''t really care! It was beautiful and luckily only lasted a few minutes and then cleared up.

The ceremony was a beautiful Hawaiian ceremony w/ an awesome (late) officiant
2.gif
named Kimo. He did an excellent job and a day I will never forget! We''ve already watched the unedited version of the video and I was totally tearing up! I didn''t cry during the ceremony but the video had me balling
1.gif

Also, my bouquet was gorgeous!!! And so were my bm''s. After the ceremony we had a champagne toast and all of the guests got to hang out and listen to live Hawaiian music while we took photos. Then our reception started around 7:30 (I think, not really sure). We had our reception at Sarento''s on the Beach which was just about 100 yards from the ceremony so everyone was able to walk to it. Since we were just having a sit down dinner there wasn''t going to be any dancing. Well.... my dad surprised me with a song he chose (" I saw her first") and we danced to it, it was soooooo awesome! and I was totally surprised! The food was awesome, everyone raved about it. Oh and the cake turned out perfect
36.gif
I was so happy about it and it tasted awesome. After the reception we took the huge 25+ person white van we rented and went out partying tiill 2 am, it was a blast!

Well after all that rambling
2.gif
here are some photos! These are from guests, we''ve already seen the photographers pics but I won''t have the cd I purchased from him for about 2 months. And I was surprised to hear this, but our book will be ready in about 3 months! Pretty fast, huh? I talked my husband
2.gif
into the flush mount book, it''s going to be gorgeous! We picked a white leather cover with silver embossed writing and silve page edges (I''m sure there''s a fancy term for that, not sure what it is though)
9.gif

Enjoy the pics!!!

wedding us 1.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
next pic

wedding us 2.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
not sure why I had my bouquet in my face in that last pic
20.gif
I think I was probably trying to get hair out of my face from all that wind

Here''s another pic

wedding us 3.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
smootch!!!
13.gif

wedding us 4.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! It's official!!
36.gif

us and kimo - ps1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!These pics are gorgeous and you look so happy!!! Keep 'em coming!!

ETA: Seriously though about the happiness-you guys are GRINNING in every single pic!!! And you're both just glowing!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really all of the pics right now, but I should be getting a cd in a few days from another guest so I''ll be sure to post more.

Harleigh - Hope you see this! You are going to have such a blast in Maui! Let me know if you have any questions. Do you already have your appt w/ the marriage license person? She''s in Lahania and is super nice, let me know if you need her info.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah
36.gif
Congratulations! You look stunning and your wedding day sounded perfect! I love that your dad surprised you with a father-daughter dance...how sweet
1.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I found another, this shot had all of hubby''s fam but I think I am just going to stick w/ posting us.

wedding us 6 ps.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I searched for more but I think that''s all the good wedding shots for now. I do have this pic from a Luau we went to and I just love it!! Plus you can see my wedding set
1.gif

luau 1.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic from the resort we stayed at in Kauai - The Kauai Beach Club Marriott.

A must if you can handle it while in Kauai, is hike the Napali coast. It was incredible!!! We only did 4 miles (2 mile in and 2 miles out) but we are totally going to go back and hike the whole thing (11 miles each way) but I''ll have to work out a little more for that one!

kauai resort.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, great pictures; beautiful couple!!! Which luau? Old Lahina by chance? hehe Wow, great pics! You went to Kauai too, wonderful!!! Congrats!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Asscher, you are one gorgeous lady! I looooove your dress! Details on the dress, please. Welcome back and congratulations to Mr. and Mrs.asscher-girl! You both look so happy and tan.
36.gif
I can''t wait for more pictures! Hurry!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a picture of us after the Napali hike with the beautiful coastline behind us. The beach we are standing on is Ke''e beach which is the starting point of the hike. And we hiked into Hanakapi''ai beach.

kauai trip 4.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the sign that you come across just as you about 20 minutes from the beach. We were hot, sweaty, and really wanted to swim!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

kauai trip 2.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! That sign is scary! Other than that, BEAUTIFUL WEDDING! Congratulations!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I know FrekeChild!!! hehe, our friend that video''ed our wedding filmed for about 10 minutes after the ceremony, and it''s so funny to watch us, we really couldn''t stop smiling!!! It was so awesome. I can''t wait to get more pics in, I''ll be sure to post more
1.gif

Thanks Poc, you''re so sweet
9.gif

Hi Skippy! Thank you! Actually we went to the one at the Maui Prince in Wailea, it was a lot closer, not sure of the actual name of the luau but it was really great.

Thanks CrownJewel, you are totally making me blush! hehe. The dress is by Maggie Sottero and is called Ophelia. I actully stumbled uopn it here on PS, I can''t remember her name off the top of my head but I saw pics from her wedding and fell in love with her dress! At that point I think I was engaged for a month or so and hadn''t even started thinking of wedding dresses. When I finally found it in the store (it was only during a trunk show that they had it in store) I tried it on in the perfect size, and it fit me like a glove! No alterations needed
36.gif
Oh and I am tan all right!! hehe, I love it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2008 11:20:04 PM
Author: asscher_girl
And here is the sign that you come across just as you about 20 minutes from the beach. We were hot, sweaty, and really wanted to swim!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
eek
Wow you two are quite the adventurists to do 4 miles RT; that hike earned the Sierra Club’s rating of a “9” out of “10” in degrees of difficulty
6.gif
I am impressed! The hike get's insane; I saw it from the boat, it looks like in some parts you could possible slip off if you aren't careful.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I know, right Selkie!!! And that water was so tempting, but no way was I going in there! And thank you sweetie
9.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy- eek is right! Yep it was difficult all right, but fun too. And the views.... OMG, they were amazing. I really want to do the full hike in a few years though, I''ve heard 4 miles in, there are some amazing waterfalls and a beautiful lagoon too. It did rain 2 or 3 times while we were on the hike and a couple of areas were quite slippery and that was pretty scary but we made it
10.gif

We took a sunset boat ride then next evening and got to see the Napali cost from the water, it was so beautiful. And during the boat ride we saw: 1 mama whale and her baby, 1 spinner dolphin then another 3 later on, and 1 large turtle, it was so cool!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!
36.gif
36.gif
Best wishes to you and your husband! Thank you for sharing your wedding with us!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you are beautiful!!! You and your hubby make a very handsome couple indeed! Thanks for sharing the pics, it sounds like you had an awesome time!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! She''s married! And looks AMAZING! You look, as always, endlessly lovely. And you both look so very happy! Congrats honey!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, AG!!!!!! Evertything looked gorgeous- you and your new hubby make a lovely couple!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your pics- they are FAB!!!!!!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous couple! I''m so happy for you! Everything in the pics looks beautiful. How did your bouquet turn out? I don''t know if you remember, but when you posted yours here, I knew that I wanted that as well. Congrats!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Everything (and everyone) looked just beautiful. Congratulations!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, A_G! You and your hubby look so gorgeous and happy in all the photos!!

Also, Kauai looks awesome. We''re planning on going to Maui and Kauai for our 1-yr "full" honeymoon -- 2 weeks, if we can swing it!

Awww, how did I miss this ????

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

You were absolutely RADIANT !!!!

Breathtaking and both of you look like you are on top of the world !!!

Your pictures are amazing !

All the best to both of you ~

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, joy-filled photos! Congratulations and best wishes on your new life together!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Aww...you are stunning and radiant and you both look so happy
9.gif
It sounds like you guys had a blast, and it totally shows in the pictures how happy you are - CONGRATULATIONS
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results