shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Honeymoon with a few pro pics!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Got married 9/11, have been a bit MIA the last few months and apologize! Moving July 1st back to home city and the last few months of wedding stress and drama took up much more time than I had hoped!

Overall the day was wonderful, although there were a few glitches as of course most people experience! Day started off POURING and simply awful out, which wasn't going to bode so well for my outdoor-in-the-grass planned ceremony, but I was okay with the backup plan and had until 4 pm to decide. Still was hoping to get some great Chicago shots in so was ready to brave the rain if needed! Day ended up clearing around 2ish and ended up sunny and pleasant, however the ceremony site had some mud issues we had to work around. Thank goodness for my sweetheart of a friend who acted as psuedo-day of coordinator at the venue for me and smoothed everything over!

I was a wreck the whole day, stress, nerves, overwhelmed, you name it! I think I cried the entire ceremony or was biting my lip/inside of my cheek, digging my nail into my hand, or squeezing my husband's hand so tight to try to keep it all in! We wrote vows to one another and I'm not even sure you could understand a word I said! Everyone really seemed to enjoy it though and we got so many compliments on how personal of a ceremony it was and how touching some of the tributes were (both to my parents' whose 34th anniversary it was, and to 9/11, as my hubby is military and we had many military in attendance).

Here's a few teasers my photographer sent me. I have a tendency to talk in pictures and not smile or concentrate and you can probably tell, ha! Photos courtesy of Joseph Kang, enjoy!

jkang_100911_0001.jpg

jkang_100911_0003.jpg

jkang_100911_0005.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Oops here's some more, although I think they're showing up in reverse order than intended, so lets try this again...

jkang_100911_0007.jpg

jkang_100911_0014.jpg

jkang_100911_0009.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Few more and then I promise I'll stop ;))

jkang_100911_0018.jpg

jkang_100911_0016.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Almost done I swear!

jkang_100911_0022.jpg

jkang_100911_0020.jpg

jkang_100911_0019.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, enough for now! Thanks for looking!

jkang_100911_0023.jpg

jkang_100911_0021.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Magsy, I was in Chicago that morning being sad about the rain for the brides - I was so happy when it cleared up!

Anyway, you look GORGEOUS - such beautiful pictures! I can't wait to see more! Where did you do your skyline photo from? Where did you have your ceremony?

(sorry, I'm a nosy Chicago bride :lol: )

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sillyberry! Yes that morning was badddd, I mean not just like normal trickle/gray day Chicago rain, ha, like pouring! When we went to get hair/makeup I was NOT optimistic!

The ceremony and reception were at the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the skyline shot is over by the Adler Planetarium. We had to walk down the way a bit because there were like 3 other brides also getting the shots of course!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Magsy, they're beautiful wedding photos. You look so regal and polished and ethereal :love:

Love the yellow shoes too :appl:

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Wow what lovely pictures!

I especially love the one with the Chicago skyline behind you and your husband! :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pics!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
You are gorgeous, Magsy, and so are your pictures! I loooove your hair and your flowers. So glad the day cleared up for you.

Love the skyline photo, the shot of you two on the bridge, and the football picture!

Congrats on your marriage!!

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
You're a beautiful bride. I really loved your hair and dress. Congratulations!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
You were a beautiful bride!! Congratulations on your marriage!

I love the pic of the dogs! That tiny one is so cute because he's SOOOO much smaller than the dane!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures, love the one with the doggies!

BTW, who was the designer of your dress?? luv it!

Wow! You look gorgeous! I love you hair.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all the sweet compliments! I wish I could go back and relive the day and extend it by like 4 hours so I could truly enjoy it and also so I could get to spend more time with so many of our guests! It just went sooooo fast!

BleedBurnt: I love the dog pictures! I know there are a few more which I can't wait to see. I love especially that my "big" FI is with the tiny dog and then short little me is with the giant one! We also ran into a NBA basketball player at the same location (who my husband is a huuuggggge fan of) and he took pictures with us too so I can't wait to see how those turned out!

Bebe: The dress designer is Carrafina, who is pretty much unknown it would appear. The store owner said the woman used to work for some well-known designer I guess and was fed up with the industry so went out on her own and does not advertise because the advertising costs are responsible for so much of the often astronomical mark-up on dresses... or something like that! I just liked that it didn't seem to be a dress you see a whole ton and the chances of knowing someone or seeing it elsewhere seem pretty slim!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Your wedding looks beautiful! I love outdoor urban weddings and the pics with downtown chicago in the background. It is so great that it cleared up.

I remember when you bought that dress and posted pics....I still think it is one of the best I have ever scene. You totally rock it!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry, but you two are not allowed to look that gorgeous! :lol:

I love the dress and the shoes. You're a classic beauty and I love the photos of you two at the alter. May you enjoy a long and happy life together!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What lovely photos! The two of you make a a very photogenic couple, and I loved the last photo. And the one with the dogs. I'm a dog lover too!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Your bouquet is just lovely!
And your dress ... wow beautiful!
Congratulations on a lovely wedding :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh LOVE the puppy pictures!!!

Goodness, you are a beautiful bride, and you two photograph wonderfully!! I think every single wedding day has at least a few glitches, but somehow that's just not important at the end of it all... and I downed my glass of wine plus two of my bridesmaids' right before the ceremony, and also cried pretty much through my vows, so I hear you on that one ;))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm... I don't know. I really want to give you my honest opinion and I have a feeling you and everyone else might not like it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OBVIOUSLY IT WAS FANTASTIC AND YOU'RE GORGEOUS!!!!

Great pics, I'm actually GLAD it rained because I think it made for better pics! I love the dogs, loved the bridge (I remember walking over that during the avon walk for breast cancer in '06), everything was SO Chicago, it was fantastic.

YOU WERE FAB!!!!

CONGRATS, LADY AND MR. LADY! BEST WISHES TO YOU BOTH!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
MagsyMay -- You look gorgeous, and I LOVE your dress. The photos are fantastic too. Congratulations!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Magsy, I loved your dress from the moment you chose it, and you absolutely SHINED on your wedding day! :love: Congratulations to you and Mr. Magsy, you make a beautiful couple!

PS: I'm adding your absolutely amazingly perfect hair to my inspiration folder. :bigsmile: Hope you don't mind!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
You all are too sweet! Thank you!!

vc10um: Enjoy the hair pic! I liked it, but I did like the bun/chignon formation better at my hair trial, so I was sort of annoyed it wasn't perfectly replicated, but I guess hair isn't always going to work the same, who knows! I liked how it held up though and yes that is all my hair, some people though I had fake hair in there making up all that bulk!

monarch: You are too funny, for a second there I was like, "wait, really? did she mean to post this on this thread," haha! And you are right, the rain did make for pretty clouds, hoping to see more of those pics back from my photographer because we took a lot!

Echidna; "regal and polished and ethereal" are not adjectives use to describe me often, ha, thank you!!

Yssie: Glad I'm not the only one who has blubbered through the vows! Perhaps the giant bottle of champagne we consumed in the limo while taking pictures only added to my emotional nature, ha!

Missydebby, EyeElle, nkarma and others: Thank you for the dress compliments! The last few weeks I was in one of those "I hate my dress now" phases, but I ended up loving how it looked on the day of and in pictures, so I guess I made the right decision after all! My husband loved it too (I hadn't shown him pictures although he'd seen pics of other potential dresses) so that was good too!

Thanks again to everyone! Once I have more pics I will come back and post, just because I know how much I loved seeing so many of those little detail shots from other people's weddings along the way!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I love the contrast of your bouquet colours against the grey day. The photo with the dogs is super cute too!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're a stunning bride. Congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results