shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Fiji - and Engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I''m engaged!!! Yeeaaahhh!!! It was so beautiful and I''m so lucky such a great guy wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

Fiji was really nice. The first resort we stayed at was great. I told you guys I had a feeling he would do it then. He waited until the 6th night we were there though. I didn''t think it would be the first night or two but by the 5th night I was thinking maybe I had it all wrong. He was apparently laughing at my pouting the whole time. Finally, on Friday night we were sitting in the bure and he said we should go watch the sunset on the beach. I said since we saw it 5 times already I''d rather just stay in then go see the tiki torches being lit. He gently insisted and I kinda figured something maybe up. We walked out onto the beach and he got down on one knee. He said how much he loved me and asked me to marry him
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
He opened the ring box and then put the ring on my finger. We hugged and kissed then came back to the bure and opened a bottle of champaigne. We then ate an amazing dinner out on these little patio''s overlooking the water and celebrated.
I''m trying to get the pictures downloaded but can''t get the images to reduce enough. I''ll keep trying.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Sounds so romantic...
30.gif
Can''t wait to see pictures
36.gif

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Ok here are the pictures. I took these as soon as we got home from Fiji and didn''t have all the lotion and sand cleaned off the ring. I will try and get better pictures after I take it to the jewelers.

img_0801f (2).jpg

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Some of these pictures make it look like there is a slight bow tie - but when you see it in person it doesn''t seem to have it. Maybe its just my bad photo taking and the lighting.

IMG_0810 (2)1.jpg

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of us.

IMG_0767 (3).JPG

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the patio we had dinner on after we got engaged.

IMG_0523 (2).JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! How could a honeymoon top a trip to Fiji??? Your ring is beautiful!
30.gif
Congratulations!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is so romantic and I love emerald cuts too, I have one and adore it. You remind me so much of a friend of mine named Dana...kinda spooky when I scrolled to the photos! You two make a cute couple and I will just be he thought it was funny that you were pouting over it while he had the ring and the plans ready the whole time!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I guess I do have to change my screen name to Radiantfan now instead of Emerald fan since thats what I ended up getting. I will try and post better pictures when it comes back from the jewelers. I would like to get the bars on the sides of the baguettes reduced down a little bit. And, I was thinking that I like the claw prongs but maybe they could be a little less bulbous and round - what do you guys think?

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a romantic place to get engaged.
1.gif
Your ring is beautiful!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 1:24:54 AM
Author: Emeraldfan
Thanks everyone. I guess I do have to change my screen name to Radiantfan now instead of Emerald fan since thats what I ended up getting. I will try and post better pictures when it comes back from the jewelers. I would like to get the bars on the sides of the baguettes reduced down a little bit. And, I was thinking that I like the claw prongs but maybe they could be a little less bulbous and round - what do you guys think?
It is late and my eyes are not focusing...I just assumed it was an e/c due to your screen name!!! Me bad. Anyway, I think it looks nice. If you are not thrilled, what about split prongs? That might look nice...

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! A proposal in Fiji?!?!? How aawesome is that!?!? Congratulations! What a great story and the table for your engagement dinner on hte beach looked awesome and soooo romantic! Best wishes to the both of you!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement Emeraldfan, the location looks so romantic and heavenly.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
how romantic-a proposal in FIJI!!! Wow! I love you ring and where you had dinner on the night you got engaged is beautiful

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! Congratulations! The ring is to-die-for! What resort did you stay at? I got married in Fiji last year! It was absolutely perfect... a fairytale wedding... and while we were over there the best man proposed to his lady! What a romantic proposal for you to have. Best wishes for your future together...

So happy for you both :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Radiant and you both make such a cute couple! Congratulations
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
A proposal in Fiji, how romantic is that? You guys make an adorable couple and your ring is just gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! and so romantic!!! I''m glad he did it... taking you all the way to Fiji and then NOT proposing would have just been silly! I''m so happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, lovely ring!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful! Congrats!!! I spent 3 weeks in Fiji for my honeymoon (3 islands) and LOVED it (Matangi was our favorite). There really are few places in the world as romantic. And your ring is beautiful! You two make a cute couple
1.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring. The stone, the prongs, the baguettes, everything. It''s just beautiful.
21.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful place to get engaged!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and what a gorgeous place to get engaged. Congratulations.

Linda

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
It absolutely sound sounds like the perfect place for the proposal!!! And the ring is gorgeous!!!

I have only one question, " What is a bure?"
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a fabulous place to get engaged. I love your ring, it''s gorgeous!!! Congratulations and best wishes to you both.
30.gif
36.gif

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I was going to wait until we had our engagement party to show you guys better pictures of us and the ring - but, I was just so excited I figured I''d post now and then post again later too
face9.gif

Isaku - a "bure" is the little house they have on the beach you get to stay in. It is pronounced Boo-Ray. It was really beautiful, it had a couch and lounge chairs, a huge canopy bed, and an enclosed stone wall outdoor shower. Here is a picture of the outside coming back up from the beach.

IMG_0507 (3).JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! It''s beautiful!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results