shape
carat
color
clarity

Back and Married with Pro Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
I''ve looked at this thread at least 5-7 times. All the details are so beautiful.
I''m also a new fan of your photographer. :)
I am considering her for engagement photos somewhere down the line.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you DANI!

Happydreams...Angelica was awesome. She was at the top of our budget but so worth it! I have so many great photos to choose from, I was/am very happy.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
EM-
I have 2 questions for you.....How long does it take to get to your venue from NYC? Also, what are the prices for the rooms to stay at the B&B? It just looks like such a gorgeous place, would love to get there one day.....:)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:46:18 AM
Author: Dani
EM-
I have 2 questions for you.....How long does it take to get to your venue from NYC? Also, what are the prices for the rooms to stay at the B&B? It just looks like such a gorgeous place, would love to get there one day.....:)
You, should totallly go! We love that we can go back there for our aniversary. It takes 2 hrs from the city. Its exit 19 off the thruway. Not sure about the prices, I think it depends on the room but its on the website, I believe. I think they are in the $250 range. The cottage rooms that are up the hill from the main house have the best view. www.onteora.com

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!! I didnt see any prices on the website though....am I not looking in the right place?

What is there to do in the area?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:10:27 AM
Author: Dani
Thanks!!! I didnt see any prices on the website though....am I not looking in the right place?

What is there to do in the area?
If you go to the B&B section and click on the rooms, then go to the individual rooms and the price is listed below.

Right now the fall colors are amazing. We had to go up last week (long story) and the colors are worth seeing. There are ton of hiking trails, if you are into that. The Emerson Resort and Spa is 5 minutes from Onteora and the Spa there is incredible. We had our rehersal dinner in the event space there that is a log lodge that over looks the Esopus river. The food at the Emerson is also incredible. Hunter mountian is about 15 minute away from Pheonicia. Obviously if you ski its great to go there in the winter but in the summer you can still take the lift up to the top and see the views. Woodstock is close by and there is a ton to do there and great food options and art galleries. In the summer you can also go tubing down the esopus. Let me know if you decide to go and I''ll tell you more about the area. There are wineries, golf courses, great food spots, antiques, art galleries and ton of other amazing stuff up in the area.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!:) I''ll check into it!!!
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
OMG EM1, you looked freaking divine just like I knew you would
9.gif
I''ve been MIA, but I''ve been thinking about you and wondering about your wedding like crazy! I came on here today and hunted this thread down...so happy I found it! Honestly, everything was sheer perfection! Congratulations on your marriage, EM1
36.gif
Best wishes to you and DH for a lifetime of good health, happiness and love!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 1:17:27 AM
Author: pocahontas
OMG EM1, you looked freaking divine just like I knew you would
9.gif
I''ve been MIA, but I''ve been thinking about you and wondering about your wedding like crazy! I came on here today and hunted this thread down...so happy I found it! Honestly, everything was sheer perfection! Congratulations on your marriage, EM1
36.gif
Best wishes to you and DH for a lifetime of good health, happiness and love!
That is seriously so nice, Poca! I was wondering where you were. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Its hard to believe that it was already 6 weeks ago. It''s crazy, for the first time last week I didn''t think about wedding planning at all.

I just wanted to say, in case I never said it, that I love, love, love your wedding dress.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks EM1! Coming from someone with such impecable taste your compliment means a lot! Ha, isn''t it funny how wedding planning can consume our every thought for a year or longer and then poof one day there''s nothing left to do. It took a while for me to resist the urge to look at bridal magazines after the wedding - lol! I do still enjoy looking at wedding gowns when I pass them in the store windows though.

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
EM1,

I love, love, lurve your wedding!!!! Everything was so perfect and the details were perfect. The venue, dress, flowers, etc were all so unique.

You were a gorgeous bride.

I''ve been looking for a brooch like yours (the one on your bodice) and I still can''t find one. I bought my wedding gown on sort of like an impluse buy and want to make a few changes, including pinning a vintage looking brooch on the bodice like you did.

Could you tell me where you purchased it? I''ve been on etsy.com looking for one, but no success so far.

Thanks!!!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 9:23:53 PM
Author: freckles127
EM1,

I love, love, lurve your wedding!!!! Everything was so perfect and the details were perfect. The venue, dress, flowers, etc were all so unique.

You were a gorgeous bride.

I''ve been looking for a brooch like yours (the one on your bodice) and I still can''t find one. I bought my wedding gown on sort of like an impluse buy and want to make a few changes, including pinning a vintage looking brooch on the bodice like you did.

Could you tell me where you purchased it? I''ve been on etsy.com looking for one, but no success so far.

Thanks!!!!!
Thank you for your kind comments! About the brooch, I bought it at the bridal salon where I got my gown. Unfortunatley, it was quite expensive but the quality is amazing! It photographed unbelievable and looked outstanding in person. Etsy may not be the place to find something of that quality. So, it''s Haute Bride. The good news is, I''m actually selling it as I have no need for it any longer. The bad news is that I think its against forum rules for me to tell you where I''m selling it.
8.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh my WORD, EM1, your wedding was simply stunning in every single detail, and you and hubby look so happy--which is really the most important part by far. (But the fact that everything else is fab certainly doesn''t hurt!!)

I just e-mailed a link to FI with the subject line "wedding file, please!" Some really wonderful ideas we may emulate in a few ways.

Question: How did you do your paper lanterns? I have been paper lantern obsessed lately for our reception and have planned to use them in a pretty similar way--how did you string them up, etc? I also couldn''t tell what color yours were...were they all white/cream, or were there some blue ones in there?

Congratulations and so many wonderful wishes for your marriage!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 9:49:32 PM
Author: blueroses
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh my WORD, EM1, your wedding was simply stunning in every single detail, and you and hubby look so happy--which is really the most important part by far. (But the fact that everything else is fab certainly doesn''t hurt!!)

I just e-mailed a link to FI with the subject line ''wedding file, please!'' Some really wonderful ideas we may emulate in a few ways.

Question: How did you do your paper lanterns? I have been paper lantern obsessed lately for our reception and have planned to use them in a pretty similar way--how did you string them up, etc? I also couldn''t tell what color yours were...were they all white/cream, or were there some blue ones in there?

Congratulations and so many wonderful wishes for your marriage!!
Thank you! I know it was only two months ago but it feels like sooooooo long ago already :(. I really wish that I had a better answer for you. The short of it is that the venue has them for every wedding. Occassionally they put up more in a different color. The ones we had were all white. I really wanted to change it but I didn''t for a few reasons. First is, I cut out the chair budget. I really wanted bistro chairs but no wedding supply company on the north east has them (seems to be a CA thing). Anyway, since putting Chivari''s in that room totally would have changed the rustic element I stuck with the white garden chairs. I also used a ceramic white vase to hold the manzanita trees. I really didn''t want the lanterns to be the focus. Anyway, they weren''t lighted. The venue had amazing spotlights so they don''t light the paper laterns. The were strung with what looked like fishing line.

I can find some better pictures for you if you would like tomorrow. It stinks cause I have to resize them to be so small.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!! I love details.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
EM1, thank you so much for replying!

I am *all* about the details right now, so it really helps. I actually couldn''t tell that the lanterns weren''t lit--the venue really did a great job with spotlighting. Our venue is our church hall--basically a huge blank canvas so we''re wanting to use lanterns to kind of bring it in and make it more intimate--in a similar way that yours did over the dance floor. We''ll see. I also like mini lantern lights strung over the room.

I *wish* I could use bistro chairs (it really did highlight the whole rustic thing). It''s just not in our budget (we''re in CA, you''re right, they''re everywhere) we could rent them but it isn''t worth it. The ones that come with our venue are pretty hideous: (see attached, THREADJACK ALERT, I''m sorry!!), but I may tie a simple ivory tulle ribbon vertically on the back, or pewter satin ribbon or something. Or just leave them and accept the fact that they are u-g-l-y.

But I wanted to ask you about your manzanita branch centerpieces. How did you do them? Were they DIY or with a florist? We are planning something very similar on a larger scale to flank the dance floor (to replace these two awful fake trees up against the stage in the church hall--we''ll put branches in vases and then do either hanging LED tea lights or fairy lights on them) but I never considered them as actual centerpieces and yours were just stunning. How did it go? Was it fairly cost-effective/simple to assemble? Was it hard to get them to stay in the ceramic vases? We are also doing a couple of different centerpieces, so I like the eclectic look. Wondering how you got it to stay weighted down, too.

Sorry to bombard you! Love the whole aesthetic of the day!
36.gif
36.gif

chairrs1.JPG

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
Guess what EM1. I just googled and searched for it on a few websites I frequent and found the brooch.

Love it!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 4:19:24 PM
Author: blueroses
EM1, thank you so much for replying!

I am *all* about the details right now, so it really helps. I actually couldn''t tell that the lanterns weren''t lit--the venue really did a great job with spotlighting. Our venue is our church hall--basically a huge blank canvas so we''re wanting to use lanterns to kind of bring it in and make it more intimate--in a similar way that yours did over the dance floor. We''ll see. I also like mini lantern lights strung over the room.

I *wish* I could use bistro chairs (it really did highlight the whole rustic thing). It''s just not in our budget (we''re in CA, you''re right, they''re everywhere) we could rent them but it isn''t worth it. The ones that come with our venue are pretty hideous: (see attached, THREADJACK ALERT, I''m sorry!!), but I may tie a simple ivory tulle ribbon vertically on the back, or pewter satin ribbon or something. Or just leave them and accept the fact that they are u-g-l-y.

But I wanted to ask you about your manzanita branch centerpieces. How did you do them? Were they DIY or with a florist? We are planning something very similar on a larger scale to flank the dance floor (to replace these two awful fake trees up against the stage in the church hall--we''ll put branches in vases and then do either hanging LED tea lights or fairy lights on them) but I never considered them as actual centerpieces and yours were just stunning. How did it go? Was it fairly cost-effective/simple to assemble? Was it hard to get them to stay in the ceramic vases? We are also doing a couple of different centerpieces, so I like the eclectic look. Wondering how you got it to stay weighted down, too.

Sorry to bombard you! Love the whole aesthetic of the day!
36.gif
36.gif
You are not bombarding me. Unfortunatley, I don''t have a ton of time right now but I promise that I will try and answer all your questions and give you the reasons why I decided what. I''ll start a new thread for you on Sunday if that is ok.

I''ll try and address a couple of things now. First, do you have a picture of the celings as well as the height of the room? I think I may have some ideas for you.
As far as the chairs are concerned, being that you are in CA, you should be able to rent the white garden chairs for pretty cheap. I think the bistro chairs were about $9 a chair and the garden''s were anywhere from $1 to $3 a chair. If its not in the budget you will deal but consider this, the amount of tulle that you would have to purchase to cover that amount of chairs will probably run you more than the white garden chair rental. Now, there are a few things you can try and do to get them cheaper...I know you said you are using the church hall for your reception. Do they rent linens for you or do you have to use different vendors for everything? Reason I ask is because I would check with various vendors to see what their costs are for renting specific items. For example, the church might be able to get you garden chairs at a better price if they work with a rental company on a consistent basis. The same goes for your florist/event designer if you have one. We hired event designers that do not have a storefront. Their prices were better and we were able to actually save money not DIY or centerpieces. We had so much floral and design elements that you would die if I told you how much we paid for it. Seriously.

As far as the manzanita is concerend, my answer may be different because I''m on the east coast. Manzanita is fairly prevelent in CA. You might even have a friend or neighbor that has trees on their property. Anyway, on the east coast it made more sense for me to have the event designer''s make the 5 tree centerpieces that we had vs. DIY, this is soley because the cost of shipping them here is through the roof. There are wharehouses that sell them in CA for pretty cheap but I''m not sure off hand where they are. I''d also check the project wedding classifieds as many of those girls are from CA and manzanita seems to pop up all the time. To answer your question, the florist cemented the mazanita in the vases. Its not easy though because if you don''t buy a thick vase it will crack the vase when it dries. I found the best jewels for hanging came from jamali garden. They have an online store I beilieve. We used Mercury glass and regular glass votives and it looked amazing. Hanging them is pretty simple.

I really think that there are a few things that I look at and say, hmmm.....this looks really put together. Chairs and linens are the first things. Not everyone will agree with me but I think as long as you think these things through it will be fairly simple to achieve your vision. People think I''m crazy but I spent countless hours deciding on what to do about the chairs. I really am glad that I choose to do what I did with the white vases and lanterns because I think no one really noticed the chairs and it really pulled the whole feel together. I tried to look at the big picture as well as the cohesive feel and then make it work within our budget.

Talk soon.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
EM1, *thank you*, my dear for replying! I really appreciate your taking the time!
36.gif
36.gif

I am in San Diego, so yep--Manzanita is native and prevelant, at least getting towards the desert. I''ve found a vendor who has it on the cheap, so I think we''re going to do it!

You''ve given me some great food for thought about the chairs and overall aesthetic--thank you! The ceilings are very high, but there is a wonderfully helpful post on wedding bee that had tips about stringing up lanterns with a high tent, so we''ll see. We were at a rehearsal dinner in our reception venue on Friday, so it helped to visualize stuff.

You rule! I''m going back to drool over your pictures some more!!
18.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
those photos were stunning, and you an absolutely GORGEOUS BRIDE!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
@ blueroses....let me know if I can be of any more help. I said I was going to write a new thread but then I think I said everything I wanted to say above. lol.

@ Tlh....thank you very, very much. I wish you guys could see these pictures bigger because they make so much more of an impact without having to resize them. Anyway, it was an awesome day and I can''t believe that this thread still gets bumped.

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Emeraldlover congrats on your wedding! Your pictures and details are gorgeous! Really weird question.. did you ever live in NJ???

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 9:06:02 AM
Author: jfus
Emeraldlover congrats on your wedding! Your pictures and details are gorgeous! Really weird question.. did you ever live in NJ???
Why yes, but only for one year right after I graduated college. Have we met?

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
You are stunning and everything was so beautiful. The pics are gorgeous and everything was so amazing it was like a fairytale. (not that I was there LOL just saying from your pics) I bet you put a lot of planning into everything and it looks like it was way worth it. Congrats to you girlie. Hope it was everything you ever dreamed of and then some!
35.gif

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 1:28:58 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 11/28/2009 9:06:02 AM

Why yes, but only for one year right after I graduated college. Have we met?

OMG yes!!! I knew it was you when I opened your thead!!! LOL.. I used to work for NYSC and took boxing classes with you on Mondays!!!! I remember you had one of those hairless cats... it''s funny i always thought of you because my husband''s grandmother used to have those cats!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
OMG...too funny! Nice to see you here. Yup, I still have Tini. I really want another one but DH said only one cat for now
31.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 2:42:30 PM
Author: dani2142
You are stunning and everything was so beautiful. The pics are gorgeous and everything was so amazing it was like a fairytale. (not that I was there LOL just saying from your pics) I bet you put a lot of planning into everything and it looks like it was way worth it. Congrats to you girlie. Hope it was everything you ever dreamed of and then some!
35.gif
Thank you!! It really was like a dream that day and yeah, it was worth it. I miss it.

jfus

Shiny_Rock
What a small world!

Would you believe that gym has sinced closed down?? I no longer work for those guys anymore either..

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 5:50:01 PM
What a small world!

Would you believe that gym has sinced closed down?? I no longer work for those guys anymore either..
I think that I did hear that. I moved to Philly for a year and a half after I was in Jersey and then I moved to NYC after that. I met my husband about 6 months after I left NJ to give you a timeline, haha! When I moved to Philly I joined a local gym and then in NYC, I''ve been a crunch member for probably 5 years now. I had a bad experience with the peeps at NYSC when I moved here and that was back when Crunch was running great 2 year membership specials. Sooooo...what are you up to now? I still work for J&J just a different division.

I just went back and looked at your wedding pictures. You looked amazing and I''m not sure why I didn''t see them before or comment on them. Congrats!!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Wow.. I remember when you moved to Philly. I think we kept in touch via email or cells back then. I was really heck on wheels back then LOL..

I haven''t been on Pricescope for some time. I go back and forth and lurk here and there but def. don''t post as much as I used to. I left NYSC the summer of 2005 and then was working for NYU for about year.. then I landed a position in Jerz for a magazine marketing company owned by two publishing biggies in NYC. I got sooo lucky! I love it.

I met my hubby online early 2007..ended up that we grew up in neighboring towns and had mutual friends for a long time.. We got married October 2008 (MOVED FAST! LOL) and I guess we have been living happily ever after!

Are you on Facebook?? Not sure if you remember my maiden name or my name at all!!! I''d love to reconnect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results