shape
carat
color
clarity

Bachelorette party ideas please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll be getting married next May 5, 2007, so my MOH is already thinking about bachelorette party ideas. She is the MOH for another wedding taking place in July (that I''m also involved in) so trying to figure out different things for each. I am REALLY hoping for something different than the usual Atlantic City trip or night out on the town here in Philly or NYC... since that''s what we do every weekend already. Ideas please!!!!!! I''m totally at a loss, and she wants to get this figured out... it would be in April.... so here on the East Coast, weather wouldn''t be warm enough for a beach trip or anything.

Help help help!!!
36.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Although it''s in NYC, I went to a Bachelorette party recently that was super fun.

On Saturday nights at Webster Hall (big club) there is a party called the Awesome 80s Prom. It''s an interactive show where you vote for the prom king and queen and they play all 80s music. There are deals where you can get open bar and things like that. It was so much fun. You get access to the club at no cost afterwards. We had a great time!

You could also plan a spa trip or a trip to South Beach...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to Vegas and it was SOOO much fun! Even looking at the pictures makes me so happy.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh,
I would vote spa trip! That was one of the things that I would have LOVED to do, but my dear friends are paying so much money to get to my actual wedding, I didn''t want them to have to pay for an expensive spa weekend.

I''m older, and did have my days where clubbing was really fun, but now I''m not that into it. My girls and I are going to a lake house--- just to get away. We''re going next weekend, hurray!- The timing is right for us, though, because it''s really warm and we can swim, lounge, drink wine, and hang out.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The best bachelorette party I''ve attended: renting a limo for a day of wine tasting and then a good old fashioned sleep over with pizza etc. We had a great time and recieved special treatment from the employees (got to stomp grapes etc.). I think making a weekend of it by having a spa day, sleep over and then wine tasting would have made it even better.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I can''t decide between Vegas, South Beach, or Cabo!!!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I had the best bachlorette party!
My girlfriends and I have done this same idea for 3 of our friends and it is always so much fun that they did it for me too!

First, we go to dinner, because I don''t know about you girls, but with my friends- bachelorette parties always include lots of drinks...So first we go to dinner. You need a good meal before a night of partying.

They took me to an amazing place in Dallas (for all you Dallas girls) called Mercy Wine Bar! It was so much fun. We had a private room with couches instead of chairs and drank a great Melbec from Argentina and ate a wonderful meal.

Then we had the hotel shuttle take us to a piano bar (no driving when there is drinking). I don''t know if they have one of those on the East Coast, but you have to find out. It is a BLAST!

The place we went is called Pete''s Piano Bar (but San Antonio has one and so does Austin) and there are three performers. Two dual on the piano and one plays backup with guitar, drums, tamborine, etc. They sing all the songs everyone knows so you can sing along and they are great about embarrassing bridesmaids. I had to get up on stage and do the hokey pokey. At my friend''s party, she actually had to get on the piano...It was a blast.

We were all wearing blue feather boas and you can dance, dance, dance! (Also, you can rest assured that I was wearing a fake veil with condoms, "male part" necklace and bracelet, we all had "male part" straws, and I had a "Bachelorette" Sash that looked like it should say homecoming queen).

Just make sure your friends reserve tables because places like these get packed quick!

Have a blast and take pictures! You will surely make some amazing memories no matter what you do!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all of your ideas!!! (And PLEASE keep ''em coming!) I loooove the ideas of wine-tasting and spas... probably more my speed than the bar options (ok, I''m not quite 27... but I had a very full night-life throughout my early 20s... I''m ready to slow it down a bit!)

I''m mildly concerned about the cost of an overnight spa-thing, though we might be able to work it out. Wine-tasting would probably be my preference (and very "me"), but here is the complication: our friend getting married in July 2007 (so 2.5 months after me) has already made it clear that she wants a wine-tour b-party (got idea from our MOH''s sister''s party), so we are planning on doing that sometime in June. I really can''t think of anything I''d like to do MORE than that for mine, and since haing the same party twice doesn''t really make sense... do we combine our bachelorette parties?

I''d be completely fine with it (as would our mutual MOH), but not sure about the other bride... she can be hard to read with that sort of thing. It would mean having the wine weekend either sometime in April (far before her actual wedding), or having it sometime after my actual wedding.... not sure what the pros/cons would be with that. We are already having a combined engagement-party, and she seemed okay with it... but I don''t know if pushing for a combined b-party would be too much for her... not everyone is as laissez-faire as I am with wedding stuff. Personally, I hate being center of attention and love the idea of sharing the spotlight with a friend. But some people prefer having a day that is all about them and them alone. What do you all think? Any opinions?

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
E,
I''m about 10 years older than you are and have done my fair share of the clubbing thing. Kudos to you for thinking outside the box for your Bachelorette Party. Which, I think, should be yours and yours alone. You are kind to consider budgeting and trying to combine as many events with your friend-bride, but, girl, let the focus be on YOU and your girlfriends for your B-Party!
The city where I live has some amazing boutique hotels. Most have some sort of tea in the afternoon. I would love for my B-Party to start with an afternoon tea, done all the way English! Then I think it would be fun to get one of these cool hotel rooms downtown for my and my peeps. Get like Bliss Mobile Spas to come in and treat us all to manicures, pedicures, massages, etc....very pampering. Martinis and wine flowing all the while, of course
11.gif
. And a lavish room service for us all along with sappy chick flicks and gossip all night long. That would be my dream B-Party and I don''t think it would break the bank.
Lake house rental B-Partys can be fun, too. Attended one last Spring and there was mucho female bonding to be had that weekend...along with a few crazy watercraft incidents, but that''s a whole ''nother tale. Have fun and let the focus be on YOU. Let us know what creative ideas you decide to go with.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I just had my bachelorette party this past weekend. It was great! Simple and not terribly expensive.

First we went for a late afternoon mani/pedi. Then we went to my MOH''s house for a little party. Started at 8, drinks and food. And my favorite.....GIFTS. Lingerie and naughty toys, very fun!

Then we went to the baton club (I went back to chicago for the bachelorette!) Which is a drag revue. It was so much fun, we had no problem with the two drink minimum!

After that was Hogs and Honeys, where I got to ride the bull. Wasnt looking forward to it, but really was a good time. And so ''bachelorette''. My favorite part is that they had a photobooth. I made everyone take one on one pics in the photobooth.

The night ended at soundbar, which is way to trendy for a drunken bachelorette party (and their penis straws!) But my friend bartends there and we didnt pay the $20 cover or for drinks.

When we got back to MOH''s at 5am. we brought out all the food from the party earlier and gorged. I cant wait to get the pics!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon tea is a blast!! Especially if you dress for it. It''s so much fun. If tea and awesome fingerfoods are your thing... I highly suggest it.

Personally I''m not a big partier either. I would enjoy pedicures or getting my hair done (requirement would be to do something different-- not necessarily a cut.. but an updo like hers in Breakfast in Tiffany''s or something else) at noon-ish.

A wine tasting tour sounds like fun... but if another friend is doing it... go to a wine bar-- or out to a nice restuarant that does tasting menu''s paired with wine flights.

Or catch a show you''ve been wanting to see... and go out to one of those great places that do theather menus beforehand.

Lots of lower key fun options. And you can mix and match for a fabulous all day adventure.

JessaJS

Rough_Rock
Kind of a racier idea, but Striptease aerobics classes have been the new fad in MN. You can take a private class with your girls and they serve wine and some food and learn some moves for your hubby to be! Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results