shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Perhaps you can help?

My sister has just had her third and final baby (a little girl) and I wanted to get her a ring to celebrate. Any ideas gratefull received...

Her oldest is a boy born in August and the second is a girl born in January and the third is another girl born in April. She was sure that the newest baby was going to be a boy even though you couldn''t tell from the scans, so I was going to get a three stone ring with blue sapphire, pink sapphire, blue sapphire. However, I''m not sure Blue, Pink, Pink goes?

Their birth stones are peridot, garnet and diamond which would also make a strange combination?

So what do you think and where to get it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2005 9:51:30 AM
Author:just_looking!

Their birth stones are peridot, garnet and diamond which would also make a strange combination?
Peridot and Garnet look nice together... and the combination is not very unusual because these gems also happen to match by price.

Peridot, red or pink garnet and white sapphire would be nice and wearable together, IMO. If the three must be precisely the birthstones, it may help to add that sapphire used to be an April bithstone alongside Diamond. And it still is considered so. White sapphire surely is an elegant substitute of diamond if anything is.

How to put those three together is yet another question. It sounds improbable that the right combination will just turn up off the rack.

loupe

Rough_Rock
Don''t forget that garnets are green as well. A perdiot, tsavorite and diamond might work. Two shades of green and colorless stone might be less garish.

"Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I''m now thinking of a slim eternity ring with blue, pink, pink, blue, pink, pink etc going round, but where to find one?

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Try calling Signed Pieces. Several people here have purchased eternity rings from them and been very happy. They have blue and pink sapphire eternity rings on their site and may custom make one for you -- www.signedpieces.com

loupe

Rough_Rock
just_looking,

I said less garish, not tacky. Try putting a dark red gem next to a coloreless and a pale green gem, you''ll see what I mean. Mother''s rings are sold everywhere, you don''t need to look on the web.

"Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2005 12:28:2 PM
Author: loupe

Try putting a dark red gem next to a coloreless and a pale green gem, you'll see what I mean...
No, that does not sound great
20.gif
Hopefully I do see what you mean.

How about these colors:

gar884.gif
per842.gif

garnet is smaller, so hopefully lighter as well.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
How about pink sapphire (or pink topaz) blue topaz (or aquamarine) , pink sapphire. I think the light pink stones with a light blue stone rather than a dark blue stone would be very sweet and look more like a baby''s ring.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,

It''s fortunate one of the stones you need is garnet. That''s because garnet occurs in all colors, and that should make it easier to harmonize your stone arrangement. Some can be a bit hard to find, especially in exact shapes and sizes.

In my current stock I have garnets in red, purple-red, lavender-red, orange-red, lavender-pink, pink, numerous hues and shades of orange, red-orange, yellow-orange, brownish-orange, yellow, yellow-green, mint green, medium green, dark green and color-change types (see image). Blue garnets are known but are rare and expensive. All the colors are entirely natural and untreated with the exception of green demantoid garnets which are sometimes lightly heated to purify their color permanently.

Richard M.

CC .45.JPG

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw these rings in the new issue of In Style....they also make them in alternating pink and blue sapphires, although they only show the solid versions on their site.
edited to add: oops the website is babybands.net

babybands.netlarge.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
cute!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo They''re so cute!!

I''m torn between those and getting really thin stacking rings in their birthstones. Spoilt for choice!!
26.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
FFF''s bands are stunning! Why not get her 2 pink rings and one of the blue ones to stack?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2005 30:13 PM
Author: just_looking!

I''m torn between those and getting really thin stacking rings in their birthstones.

Stackin rings you say !
2.gif

A2756-026t.jpg
A2756-036t.jpg
A2756-015t.jpg

rings by Cat Glazer and Keith Lambertson at GUILD.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results