shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
QT~M''s nursery turned out beautifully! Hope she comes soon so you can show it to her!
2.gif
9.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
QT, Meena''s nursery looks fab -- I hope she is enjoying it. I love the paint job you and DH did. All her little clothes look so cute -- sounds like you got some great bargains, I just love the sales.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so...I''m not pregnant yet, but I''m thinking about painting the soon-to-be nursery soon. The room is currently our exercise room, but painting it now will be one less thing to have to worry about, especially with a high-risk pregnancy.

Here''s the color I''m thinking about. What do you think?

friendlyfrog.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
It's the green on the *bottom* half of the wall in this very colorful bedroom. I'm just wondering if it'll be too bright? I want something colorful but relaxing.

bed-paint_tink_big_image.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
EBree, I really like that pastel green color. It''s gender neutral and relaxing. I don''t think it''ll be too bright. Do you know if you''ll be getting light or dark colored furniture?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 11:33:29 PM
Author: snlee
EBree, I really like that pastel green color. It''s gender neutral and relaxing. I don''t think it''ll be too bright. Do you know if you''ll be getting light or dark colored furniture?

Thank you! I was planning on an espresso-stained wood throughout the room.

madisoncrib.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think the green will go really well with your furniture. It''s not too bright at all. Plus it''s gender neutral for the future bb, and it''s neutral for when the kid gets older.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 1:18:59 AM
Author: EBree
Date: 8/17/2008 11:33:29 PM

Author: snlee

Thank you! I was planning on an espresso-stained wood throughout the room.
I have an espresso colored crib and love it. I think it looks great with pastel colors!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
ebree: i think the color looks great... my son''s nursery is a yellow (pastel yellow) and though i thought it was too bright initially, but once the white nursery furniture was put in, everything just sort of toned down...

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love that green...i put a very similar green in my sons room and its soothing.....look at page 1 0r 2 of this thread and its there.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto. (whoops, forgot to quote QT)

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, we have that dark crib above and I''m totally planning a pale green for the nursery. I''ll post pictures when it''s done but suffice to say I think you have great tast
2.gif
!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ebree: i think that the green will look great in the nursery. we, too, are not yet knocked-up, but i''ve done a little planning (i love decorating/design) and i''m thinking about green too - though with a bit more tan to it...

below i''m attempting to post of a sort of inspiration collage of ideas/items that have caught my eye. unfortuntately, i am terrible at posting pictures. hope it works.

457890.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the green. My best advice though is to find your bedding first. I was really picky and ended up with a light blue room b/c it matched my beloved bedding the best. Oh and I am so in love with espresso furniture. It gives the nursery elegance IMHO.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, everyone!

Tacori- I think, depending on the sex of the baby, I'll probably buy sheets in sort of a neutral print, like blue/pink/green polka dots or stripes. Would polka dots would work for both sexes?

lulu- I love everything in your collage. You have great taste, lady!

I saw these curtains at Pottery Barn kids and am in love. If I have a girl, I'm going to have some of these made but in a pale green damask (because these are waaaaaay too $$$$):

damaskcurtains.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results