shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Memory Books

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I am super super busy at work today, and don't have time to hunt thru the preggo thread... (I'm sorry
38.gif
)

Can you all post your favorite baby memory books? I need to get mine ordered this week, and I remember you all having great recommendations for ones that were on Etsy and some other places.

Please share!

ETA: Obviously busy, I can't even keep track of what thread I am in... having it moved to FHH.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mine is made by Tessera and I love it! Tons of choices here

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got mine on Etsy, it''s a modern book...I don''t like stuff that is overly ''baby''. The seller is rubyloved. It was $60 and is great, I love it! and it came in like 3 days.

I also am going to get a ''memory box'' for the things that won''t fit in the book, such as his coming home shirt, his first tooth, and other fun things like I was thinking one of his newborn diapers and a pair of his socks, etc so he can see how tiny he was and what he wore. Carters puts out some memory boxes but they are pretty ''baby''..so I might just get a wooden box and have it engraved with his name and date, or use Red Envelope where they have silver wedding memory boxes, and just use it for him.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have a Baby Box with her first clothes, some special items of clothing like the cardigan I knitted and a handmade lace romper I bought in Venice years ago, her bracelets from the hospital, and all the cards we got when she was born. I add things to it all the time - her first pair of shoes will go in for example.

I got the box from IKEA - one of their fabric covered flat-pack ones.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love your baby box ideas Pandora and Mara - totally adorable. My parents kept some of that stuff for us too, but I would have loved an engraved box ! :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your input!

After looking thru all of them, Mara, I think I am leaning towards the one from rubyloved.

If you don''t mind me asking, I have a few questions...
Do you like the size of the book? and that some of the memory pages are a grouping of months, instead of a separate sheet for each month? and would you get the extra "pregnancy package" to add things from the 9 months prior to arrival? or any of the other extra packages that involve more pages?

TIA!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mere I didn''t get the preg package simply because I didn''t really want to add all that stuff in there in such detail. Also this is a binder style book, like those rolo picture albums, so you can ADD anything you want to it really as long as you punch holes in it. This could mean your shower cards or cards from your parents, or you could even type something up on the computer (aka birth story) and then punch holes in it and put it in where appropriate. If you are into scrapbooking at all or even interested in it, you could really supplement these books big time. I have not even written in mine (BAD MOM!!!) but I have looked through it and I like the way it''s structured, I view it more like a ''base'' memory book and then I can embellish it however I want (or however I have the time!).

I do plan to do the add on packs for 2nd year etc though because again it''s supplementary. I figure at some point I''ll have to add another book on... but you can get those style books at the local art store too.

And I just loved the style of the pages and all that...it''s so cute in person. I got the light blue and I was afraid it would be kind of a weird blue but it''s a baby blue. Super cute.

Pandora great idea on the box from Ikea...! I might get one of those while I figure out what to do with a long-term solution since I''d love to get him something engraved. Though he''s a BOY...so chances are he won''t be ''as into'' his memory box as a girl would probably be. I *loved* looking through my memory book and box from my Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results