shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby girl name help please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
My SIL is pregnant, and due next June, but she is having a problem finding a girl name she likes. Of course they don''t know the sex yet, but she''s been asking me for ideas, since they can''t use the "leftover" girl name from her first child (a boy), and they already have a boy name in mind (Nathan). Her first choice was Kayla or Kaylee, but I named my son Kyle, and a friend of hers used Kayla, so those are a no go now. Any good girl names I can pass on to her? She seems to like shorter, cute-sy type names, and the last names starts with a T. I sent her all I can think of, and nothing''s doing it yet for her...

Thank you!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
i would go to www.babynames.com. You can search for girl names, by the letter you want it to start with, nationality, meaning, etc.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Kinsey

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I did try the search a bit, but it''s just so overwhelming, especially when it''s not even my baby, so I have no clue where to start for her.

I''m in Human Resources, so I see a lot of employee''s names in my normal work day. I''ve been jotting down ones that grap me
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
What about that name nymbler website that suggests other names based on names you like? It might be a good starting point for her.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kaycee
Katie
Kristy

not really my taste but seem to follow the style

Clara
Sarah
Ella (Ellie)
Elisabeth
Beth
Bethany
Cassandra

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 1:25:36 PM
Author: MustangGal
I did try the search a bit, but it''s just so overwhelming, especially when it''s not even my baby, so I have no clue where to start for her.

I''m in Human Resources, so I see a lot of employee''s names in my normal work day. I''ve been jotting down ones that grap me
9.gif
When my mom was pg with my youngest brother, she had a friend that worked for the state issuing birth certificates. She made long lists of all the names *she* liked and passed them on. There were some CRAZY names on that list. I think she had to have added some of them for kicks.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Chloe
Aubrey
Kira
Zoe
Lily
Bailey
Molly
Lucy
Sydney
Mia

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 1:19:45 PM
Author: meresal
Kinsey

That''s adorable! I vote this!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I like Kinsey! I also love Cora, but DH''s other brother is Cory, so that won''t work. Our girl name (not that I think we''ll have another...) is Shelby, so she''s leaving me that one.

I did send her Bailey and Chloe. Mia and Zoe might be good ones!

SIL also seems not to want to use any family names. She refused to use the middle name for her son that has been given to the first born son of the first born son for like 3-4 generations on DH''s side
38.gif
. And when I suggested she use her maiden name as a girl''s middle name (it is a very common girl name), she wasn''t interested.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Kyra came to mind immediately.

Lily

Kaelie

Kara

Moira

Chloe

Um.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Ava is my current favorite.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I know a girl named Chalenne (pronounced Shal - en) and people call her Chally (Shally) for short. I think her mum made up the name, but I really like how soft and flowy it is.

Kendra
Kenzie

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
if you''re looking for ones that sound similar, I also like Chloe. otherwise there is

Kami
Krista or Kristi
Kaitlin
Kaelyn
Kennedy
Kacey
Carrie
Cassie
Kiley
Carlie

and if they need to sound different:

Maya
Lily
Emma
Lana
Lucy
Leah
Lori
Bella
Bea
Billie
Sherri
Dinah
Esmee
Josey
Lexie
Nikki
Penny

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I was going to suggest Kenzie or Keira. Sooo cute!!!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
If they still like the name, why can''t they use the "leftover" name they came up with last time when it ended up being a boy? I mean, it''s not really "leftover", it just wasn''t used. I don''t see the point of going through all this trouble if they have a perfectly suitable name that they already like that they came up with last time...

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 9:39:30 AM
Author: Dani
I was going to suggest Kenzie or Keira. Sooo cute!!!
I second! Those are all lovely names on the list though!

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
What about Calleigh?

Other cute, short names I can think of are:

Avery
Finley
Emery

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 11:15:30 AM
Author: havernell
If they still like the name, why can''t they use the ''leftover'' name they came up with last time when it ended up being a boy? I mean, it''s not really ''leftover'', it just wasn''t used. I don''t see the point of going through all this trouble if they have a perfectly suitable name that they already like that they came up with last time...
A friend of theirs used the "leftover" name, and my son''s name is similar, so she''s ruled it out
8.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a student named Keaton. Her friends called her Keat, it was pretty cute.
I really like Kinsey, that's a great name. I'm going to add it to my list.

My dog is named Bailee, and I've noticed that there are a LOT of kids named Bailey right now. I'd say it's a big trendy name for this year for both children AND dogs. :)

ETA: Drew is a cute short name for a girl. I have a young student named Carlin, that's pretty cool, too.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Maisie? That''s an awesome name, and an awesome PSer!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Some of my favorites.

Tenley
Alix (girl form of alex)
Rachelle
Kate
Isabella
Kelly
Amy
Heather
Melodi

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like

Lily
Riley
Bailey

Kylie

Karlie

Kara

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I like Carley/Karlie, too. And Kinsey.
Audrey?
Lexi?
Abby?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your help ladies! I''ll get these sent on to her. I think Kinsey is my favorite
2.gif
. I''ll have to let you guys know what she decides! But with the way things seem to run in DH''s family, she''ll probably have another boy...

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
yeah I second Haven, my dog is named Bailey....its very popular for dogs. I wouldnt want my kids having a "dog name" lol.

I''m bad at this because I tend to like super italian names, and I know you are going for something totally different.
2.gif

Based on the info you gave, and what others have suggested....how about Kiernan?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julianne is a pretty name! I just got an e-mail from a Julianne, lol.

A few of my favorite, less traditional, girl names are: Meadow, Lark, Fern.

Gotta convince my hubby that Lark is a great name when the time comes!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ayla was the other name we picked out when I was pregnant w/London. On a blog I used to read, the woman had a little girl named Noemie. I''m not entirely sure how to pronounce it..I think it has one of those marks over it someplace..like ` but the other way. No-amie or No-emie or something. Anyway, it just struck me as unique.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks loves vintage - Julieann won''t work, as SIL''d name is part of that, but the woodland names are fun. I actually really like Hazel (another old name), and that was before Julia Roberts used it
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 12:26:28 PM
Author: MustangGal
I actually really like Hazel (another old name), and that was before Julia Roberts used it
2.gif

I''m trying to sell my husband on Hazel if we have a girl- it''s in my top three list of faves. I think I may just be wearing him down.
11.gif
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results