shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby ACA? Or should I save up for bigger?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I'm utterly in love with White Flash's ACA diamonds but my budget it pretty limited. I do however like the idea of getting a 0.4 - 0.6ct stone (J or K) to make a pinky ring with, which I can also put onto a chain if I feel like wearing it that way.
Does anyone have a smaller ACA? Are they still significantly more amazing than other well cut stones of a similar size? Or, is the superior cut more evident as the stone is bigger? The videos of the ACA's just look amazing...
Any advice welcomed!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts: buying a smaller diamond from WF now will mean you are "saving" for a bigger diamond while enjoying the smaller one, given their excellent upgrade policy.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts: buying a smaller diamond from WF now will mean you are "saving" for a bigger diamond while enjoying the smaller one, given their excellent upgrade policy.

Oh that is most brilliant logic!! Thank you :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a small super ideal (.46) in a pendant. It looks amazing! I would try not to spend too much on a setting so that you can upgrade
and not have to lose too much on the setting. Putting it in a pendant is a less expensive way to be able to do upgrades. You have to be a little
more careful with ring settings. Getting something that has a peg head would make it cheaper to replace as you upgrade. Anyway, no
matter how you plan to set it make sure that its a setting that you can easily replace the head for larger stones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a total fan of ACA and a great upgrade policy. With Whiteflash you get both. I would buy what you can afford now and upgrade to a larger diamond when you can. No matter what size you get you won’t be disappointed in the performance of your diamond.

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
I did that with a pair of ACA earrings (K color and a bit under .7 tcw) as well as a BGD .8 ct N colored diamond in a rose gold ring setting. Both will be upgraded at some point, but I am really enjoying wearing them right now!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20CF0A35-6EF1-4EC9-9138-EF33CBB178A9.jpeg
We should make a post, I love the name “upgrade train”!:appl:

244D7CDC-B1DA-4E16-8CC5-FD57E3AB1A95.jpeg 2AB80A90-FE3C-4638-9AEF-27D619296CCF.jpeg

This is my .64 I vs2 from CBI/HPD that I put in a 14k Stuller shank with the solstice peg head (in the $400s total), so if I upgrade, I only have to change out the head.

But, honestly, I love this size. There is just something so sweet about a smaller solitaire.

So, yes, I vote for starting small with WF and enjoying the ride up should you choose to take it.

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!
I was looking at the Ritani solitaire setting at $245 as the one I really want is HPD’s Boston classic, but that’s nearly $2k so I’ll wait until I’m at 1ct+. That’s a much better idea using a peg head, I didn’t even think of it!
Hope this upgrade train doesn’t get too competitive :lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful!!
I was looking at the Ritani solitaire setting at $245 as the one I really want is HPD’s Boston classic, but that’s nearly $2k so I’ll wait until I’m at 1ct+. That’s a much better idea using a peg head, I didn’t even think of it!
Hope this upgrade train doesn’t get too competitive :lol:

It wouldn’t be competitive. It would be a mutual admiration society. I’ll probably switch to the NY solitaire when I get to where I’m going.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve seen the “smaller” super ideal diamonds and they are so sparkly and have quite the presence. Definitely get a smaller one now and enjoy it. Be budget minded on the setting price. That is good advice!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I have a small super ideal (.46) in a pendant. It looks amazing! I would try not to spend too much on a setting so that you can upgrade
and not have to lose too much on the setting. Putting it in a pendant is a less expensive way to be able to do upgrades. You have to be a little
more careful with ring settings. Getting something that has a peg head would make it cheaper to replace as you upgrade. Anyway, no
matter how you plan to set it make sure that its a setting that you can easily replace the head for larger stones.

Thank you! I hadn't thought about settings types and keeping it simple for upgrades etc. I am tempted to put the stone into a pendant settings actually. I may also just buy the stone to avoid the extra 5% tax I'd have to pay on a piece of jewellery over a loose stone which doesn't have import tax.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I am a total fan of ACA and a great upgrade policy. With Whiteflash you get both. I would buy what you can afford now and upgrade to a larger diamond when you can. No matter what size you get you won’t be disappointed in the performance of your diamond.
Yes! Thank you :) That sounds like the plan!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
20CF0A35-6EF1-4EC9-9138-EF33CBB178A9.jpeg
We should make a post, I love the name “upgrade train”!:appl:

244D7CDC-B1DA-4E16-8CC5-FD57E3AB1A95.jpeg 2AB80A90-FE3C-4638-9AEF-27D619296CCF.jpeg

This is my .64 I vs2 from CBI/HPD that I put in a 14k Stuller shank with the solstice peg head (in the $400s total), so if I upgrade, I only have to change out the head.

But, honestly, I love this size. There is just something so sweet about a smaller solitaire.

So, yes, I vote for starting small with WF and enjoying the ride up should you choose to take it.

Oh your ring is lovely! The problem with me is that I love all the stones! Big, small, old cut, new style... I think I'll enjoy a baby ACA very much tho. Thank you.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First off, I think you buying what you can afford now and upgrade as you go is a great idea. In regards to the setting, I am not certain what you had in mind but keep in mind that WF also has a 50% upgrade policy on designer settings. Not quite as sweet as their diamond upgrade program, but something to consider nonetheless.

That said, I must quote myself....

Also, I might add -- consider your peers when asking for advice. If diamonds were a drug, PS is like a crack house full of addicts strolling around with needles hanging half way out of their arms telling you there is no such thing as too high. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results