shape
carat
color
clarity

B2C dishonest and untrustworthy

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, It's Martin Sheffield. When a diamond is sold to a customer, a credit card should only be taken if the diamond is 100% secured for the customer. Before taking the credit card the vendor must make a last minute call to the wholesaler and confirm that yes, the diamond is available for my customer. The vendor must tell the wholesaler that the diamond is sold and 'under no circumstance' does it go to any other party. Only, and only at that point should the vendor do up an invoice for the customer and put the credit card through. What happened here puts a lot of stress and anxiety on what should be a very happy and smooth purchase for the customer.
Thanks for chiming in, Martin.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, It's Martin Sheffield. When a diamond is sold to a customer, a credit card should only be taken if the diamond is 100% secured for the customer. Before taking the credit card the vendor must make a last minute call to the wholesaler and confirm that yes, the diamond is available for my customer. The vendor must tell the wholesaler that the diamond is sold and 'under no circumstance' does it go to any other party. Only, and only at that point should the vendor do up an invoice for the customer and put the credit card through. What happened here puts a lot of stress and anxiety on what should be a very happy and smooth purchase for the customer.

Thanks for your input- this was my thought too

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
28 posts since 2000!

He doesn't say much, then, but when he does, he makes what he says count... :) lol

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello 4Cees121,

I apologize for the delayed response, I have been out of pocket this week - thank you @whitewave for the tag!

As many of the prosumers have explained in the earlier posts - the diamond you are referring to was sent out by our diamond partner between the time we received your order and the time we were able to confirm the reservation/hold/purchase (this happens from time to time as many of our diamonds are held by partners overseas and their inventory updates are sometimes a bit slower than we would like).

I am, as you pointed out, very concerned that there were promised call-backs that did not occur and we will take that up with our sales staff, thank you for making us aware.

My latest communication from our partner is that your diamond has once again become available and we should - barring an unforeseen set-back - have the diamond in our hand and available on Monday for shipping to you - do remember that we have a no questions asked 30 day return policy if there are any problems.

I will make certain our sales team contacts you with an update on Monday as early as possible.

Again - very sorry for any confusion!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been following along with this thread and I wonder what happened? OP did you ever get that call? Is the diamond in your possession now? Or did you go another route?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results