shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

AVR meets CvB Art Deco elegance

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Bordeaux, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

by Bordeaux » Oct 7, 2017
    My engagement ring from Caysie (CvB Inspired Design) is finally on my finger! My now fiance proposed in the chapel in the spot where we will be exchanging vows in exactly one year! It was perfect—as is this beautiful ring! :love:

The diamond is a 1.7ct J VS2 August Vintage Round (https://www.augustvintageinc.net/) set in platinum with 12 custom-cut French cut side stones. The inspiration ring was a 1920s Art Deco ring but it had a illusion box setting that felt distracting from the center stone. Caysie suggested double claw prongs and away she went on designing this heirloom piece.

I echo similar sentiments from others on this forum: Caysie is a pleasure to work with! She is insanely talented and her investment in this project and desire to make us completely thrilled with the final product was so apparent. I will say she did give an underestimate on the timing for ring completion initially saying about 5 weeks from CADs. All in all from originally contacting her to my fiancé having the ring in hand, it was about 10 weeks. The delay was due to the Frenchies needing to be custom cut and her cutter being out of the country for a month in that window. We had mentally prepared for a longer timeline so it didn’t strongly impact our experience with the process but it certainly was a challenge to wait (especially when wedding planning was underway!)

Her work is perfection: the milgraining is so dainty and even with the significant amount of geometric metal, it still feels and looks light, refined and elegant. The French cuts really enhance the sparkle of the AVR in ways I couldn’t imagine with the CADs! :dance:And don't get my started on the claw prongs!!! :love: It's truly stunning from every angle. I'm not sure how I'll ever stop staring at it constantly!!

For the backstory on the AVR, the design of this ring and (many!) pictures of the stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pastel-perfection-1-7-j-vs2-avr.232205/

Stats
    August Vintage Round
    AGS 1.708 J VS2
    7.45 x 7.49 x 4.97
    44% table
    66% depth
    20.1% crown height
    Medium culet
    Negligible Fluorescence

Platinum setting, 12 French cut side stones
    Ring size 6

So without further ado, here is the CvB “Alexandra” ring! More pictures to come!
    9.JPG

imitcan, windblownhair, caf and 16 others like this.
  2. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

Beautiful from EVERY angle!
    6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

3. stonewell
    Shiny_Rock

by stonewell » Oct 7, 2017
    This is utter perfection! :love::love::love: I have been smitten with french cuts lately and I love how this was used in the design - gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement!! Please post handshots!

4. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

imitcan, caf, azstonie and 11 others like this.
  5. yennyfire
    Ideal_Rock

by yennyfire » Oct 7, 2017
    Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your engagement! What kind of wedding band do you plan to pair with it?

Bordeaux and Matthews1127 like this.
  6. stonewell
    Shiny_Rock

by stonewell » Oct 7, 2017
    It’s even more beautiful on your hand... *swoon* :love:

7. LLJsmom
    Ideal_Rock

by LLJsmom » Oct 7, 2017
    Oh wow. That is just so stunning. :-o:shock::love::love::love: I totally love the rectangular frame of the side stones. I have been really appreciating that style lately. The contrast with the roundness of your center is so complementary, and so very very elegant. I also love how clean the profile looks with just a little bit of millgrain. The swoop of the prongs going up and the squareness of the stepdown of the sidestones is so very graceful and bold at the same time. I love it!!! Great job on the design and Caysie’s execution was spot on. I am so happy that you found her work worth the wait. Another great match between customer and artisan. Congratulations!! It’s magnificent. So true to the Art Deco period.

8. Matthews1127
    Brilliant_Rock

by Matthews1127 » Oct 7, 2017
    Breath taking!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Blessings for a long & healthy marriage!!! :love:

Bordeaux likes this.
  9. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

by whitewave » Oct 7, 2017
    Wow!!! Caysie and her bench along with the customer-- I mean I am just blown away by each ring she makes.

It's gorgeous and clearly well-made. Best wishes!!

Many hand shots please. :love:

10. Acinom
    Ideal_Rock

by Acinom » Oct 7, 2017
    Congrats!!!
    What a stunning stone and setting design. I love the perfect detailing. This ring is top notch. Enjoy wearing it!

11. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Oct 7, 2017
    HI:

Timeless yet fresh. Well done!:appl::love:

cheers--Sharon

12. ecf8503
    Ideal_Rock

by ecf8503 » Oct 7, 2017
    Gorgeous!!!! :love::love::love:

13. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Oct 7, 2017
    Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love::love:

14. Bonfire
    Brilliant_Rock

by Bonfire » Oct 7, 2017
    How beautiful @Bordeaux! Just stunning in it’s uniqueness and design. Of course Caysie does it again! Congrats and enjoy your wedding planning!

Bordeaux likes this.
  15. foxinsox
    Brilliant_Rock

by foxinsox » Oct 7, 2017
    WOW! I was wondering when your ring would be ready and it is so worth the wait :appl:
    Love everything about it! Please post loads more pics!
    Oh and congratulations on your engagement! What wedding band will you wear with it?

Bordeaux likes this.
  16. Niel
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Niel » Oct 7, 2017
    Oh yes I saw this on her instagram and thought it's just fabulous. Every aspect of the design is delivers and beautifully executed

Bordeaux likes this.
  17. ceg
    Shiny_Rock

by ceg » Oct 7, 2017
    Beautiful! !!! Absolutely perfect!

Bordeaux likes this.
  18. Catmom
    Ideal_Rock

by Catmom » Oct 7, 2017
    Wow that's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Bordeaux likes this.
  19. GeorgieQ
    Shiny_Rock

by GeorgieQ » Oct 7, 2017
    Beautiful!! :love: Congratulations on your engagement and your dreamy ring. Good luck getting anything done for at least a month - I bet you won't be able to stop staring at that stunner, I know I wouldn't!

goldenfire and Bordeaux like this.
  20. luv2sparkle
    Ideal_Rock

by luv2sparkle » Oct 7, 2017
    What a beautiful and timeless ring! Congratulations on your engagement! May you be blessed with many many happy years together!

Bordeaux likes this.
  21. Mondayschild
    Rough_Rock

by Mondayschild » Oct 7, 2017
    Amazing!! Truly beautiful. Love AVRs

Bordeaux likes this.
  22. GearGirly
    Shiny_Rock

by GearGirly » Oct 7, 2017
    It's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

Bordeaux likes this.
  23. kgizo
    Brilliant_Rock

by kgizo » Oct 7, 2017
    Stunning ring and congrats on your engagement!

Bordeaux likes this.
  24. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Oct 7, 2017
    I saw the picture on Caysie's IG today when I was out of town, and I HOPED it would turn up on PS!!! Wow, it's so beautiful!:love: I think the AVR is gorgeous and the setting is perfect! Caysie is just SO good! My view is that heirlooms are worth a little extra time, and it surely would not have been the same without the french cuts! Best wishes to you for a wonderful wedding, and please come back and show us some pics with your wedding band!

(For those that don't know, Jonathan is now working full time at his new company, augustvintageinc.net, so please contact him directly for custom cuts. He will be getting a lot of new inventory in by the end of the year, too!)

Queenie60 and Bordeaux like this.
  25. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

The sun finally peaked out after a rainy day! We went from room to room through our house looking at the ring in different lighting environments :lol-2::lol-2: I like this outdoor lighting best!
    1.jpg 1_.jpg 2.jpg

ILikeShiny, Nitedula, Bonfire and 2 others like this.
  26. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

27. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

Some side views as well!
    profile view.jpg second side view.jpg side view.jpg

28. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

29. Sandeek
    Shiny_Rock

by Sandeek » Oct 7, 2017
    Wow, that's glorious! I love it so very much! Congratulations on having your dream ring. Wear it in much love and happiness!

30. Bordeaux
    Rough_Rock

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes!! Without this community, we would never have created this gorgeous ring!

Thank you so much, it truly was so worth the wait! I'm planning to have Caysie make the band as well! She suggested a petite french cut band, which I love the idea of! Since the setting is so geometric, we'll have to think about making sure the band is complementary to that. I'm sure Caysie will have other great ideas too but if anyone thinks of anything that would be a good fit, I would LOVE to hear it! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006 likes this.