shape
carat
color
clarity

Avid crystal collector learned something new-have you guys seen the "crystal confetti scoops"?

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So I'm creating a new crystal altar in my office [energy work-IYKYK], and I was gifted a crystal confetti scoop from one of my vendors the other day. Which usually contains multiple small stones and various trinkets and novelties. But sometimes if you're lucky there will be a wire wrapped pendulum or two in the bunch. So I went through it and found an oval amethyst pendant. My BFF wanted it for her granddaughter because she remembered her saying "I want one like yours grandma" so of course I gave it to her. Yesterday we were going through the crystals, cleaning them, charging them, having coffee. She looks at the pendant getting ready to ship it and says to me "can you test that, I dont think its amethyst at all". Now, in a metaphysical property sense it wouldn't matter, it was going to a 9 year old. She just wanted a pretty purple stone like grandma. It was translucent, so it wasn't given a proper tumble, but as I looked at it I realized she was right. When I tested it, it was spinel! Purple spinel. Now I know what you're thinking. Because that was my first thought as well. Could have been synthetic, could have been glass, could have been some kind of composite. If it was glass or plastic, it would have tested as such though. And I doubt it would have been grown just for the product. These were all rock specimins.

So, I just thought that was the interesting hmmmm of the day.

How cool! And can I just tell you how much I LOVE that you have coffee with your BFF and "charge" gemstones. I want to join!!
1237383b4n152aslp.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results