shape
carat
color
clarity

Average size diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
I saw the answer in a previous post a while back but I completely forgot. What is the national average size for a solitaire diamond and what do you prefer or have?

Thanks

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 1:51:24 PM
Author:I Love My Sailor
what do you prefer or have?
I have a 1.96 asscher, and the spread (7x7mm) is pretty perfect for me. I prefer larger ct. weight for the deeper-cut fancy shapes, and smaller for rounds.

However, for me, it''s mostly about the setting. I prefer to pick a setting first, then find the right size stone for it. Some settings look best with a 2ct, and some look best with something under 1ct. My favorite ring that I''ve ever seen had a .6ct OEC in it.

This is a lesser issue for solitaire settings, I suppose... especially if you''re just using a go-to four- or six-prong standard stuller solitaire.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
To your main question, if you just do a quick search (top-right corner of the page) for "average size," you will get LOTS of threads. This has been discussed, oh, approximately 34687209586757 times
3.gif
9.gif

Here are a few to start you off:

Average Size of Engagement Ring

The average e-ring diamond size

Average diamond size in NYC: myth vs. reality.

Average Engagement Ring Size Article (2008)

Results have been calculated: and the average PS e-ring size is...

average engagement ring diamond size today?

What's the average diamond size where you live?

here's my latest estimate of PS e-ring ct weight...

What diamond size says about a person?

What Carat Size Do you Consider To Be Big??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results