shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC Moissy Setting Help!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
02DBB31D-E71C-41C5-8529-8E1F9371529D.jpeg 7B7B5F74-4BAD-4850-969A-B7A011BB6D6D.jpeg 95C758D3-6A2D-4850-845F-FEBD95342AFC.jpeg
I am SO torn between 18k YG and platinum for my e-ring upgrade! I thought I was set on platinum because I only have one other platinum piece and I thought I’d like to add more platinum to my life. But the more I think about it, the more I second guess myself! AVI is doing the setting and Jonathan is so patient with my indecisiveness but I’m driving myself nuts! LOL!

My current wedding set is 18k YG with lots of engraving, and I love the warmth and vintage look of the gold. But I also love the way platinum develops that beautiful patina over time, and some of the vintage platinum settings I’ve seen (hello, Ivy & Rose!) are gorgeous. I do plan to stack my current wedding band (skinny 18k YG eternity with engraving on the sides) with my new set, if that matters. I don’t mind mixing metals though!

Sooooo . . . let’s say you have a 4 ct elongated AVC moissy and you’re going for a vintage setting that will complement the beautiful vintage look of the stone. What do you set it in? :confused:

(Pics of my current set attached for reference. Please excuse how dirty they are! I’m a horrible PSer! LOL!)

Q

Queenie60

I would go with my comfort level and yours seems to be yellow gold. Stick with what your tastes are. You're sure to love it for years if it suits your style and taste. Beautiful wedding set!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with my comfort level and yours seems to be yellow gold. Stick with what your tastes are. You're sure to love it for years if it suits your style and taste. Beautiful wedding set!

Thank you, Queenie! :kiss2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how about a two-tone setting? they're so versatile and it'll still give you something a little bit different.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how about a two-tone setting? they're so versatile and it'll still give you something a little bit different.

That’s a good idea! I’ve looked at a few two-tone settings and they do look nice.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second vote for two-tone. Maybe a yellow gold ring with a platinum head? :twisted2: Or if you're looking for something more elaborate, a verragio style ring.

IMG_2550.jpg IMG_2551.jpg IMG_2552.jpg IMG_2553.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third vote for two-tone - even just platinum for the prongs and then rich YG for the shank?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the Katherine on Jon's site, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Jon and I designed it together! :lol::lol::lol: It would go with your band too if you got it in 18K YG. Everything you said about the warmth of YG is why I ordered it for my moissy. I wanted engraving which looks so pretty in YG.

Your wedding set is TDF!!! :love::love::love: I love all the styles that @elle_71125 posted. I also love the simplicity of the CvB Chloe.

CvB Chloe.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the Katherine on Jon's site, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Jon and I designed it together! :lol::lol::lol: It would go with your band too if you got it in 18K YG. Everything you said about the warmth of YG is why I ordered it for my moissy. I wanted engraving which looks so pretty in YG.

Your wedding set is TDF!!! :love::love::love: I love all the styles that @elle_71125 posted. I also love the simplicity of the CvB Chloe.

CvB Chloe.jpg

That Katherine is just amazing! You and Jon did a phenomenal job on that ring! I saw it on his site and went “OMG!” :love:

And yes, my band would go with a YG setting. Which would be a big plus. If I go with platinum, I’ll need to get a matching band too. But if I do YG, I can throw more of my budget toward the e-ring setting and just wear it with my current band. Hmmmm . . .

Also, I realized yesterday that I have a couple small emerald-cut stones that my grandmother gave me awhile ago. They’re set as stud earrings right now, which is how my grandfather gave them to her years ago (back in the 80s I think). She hardly ever wore them because she’s “not into diamonds” (?!?!) and she was always afraid of losing them. I’ve never worn them because I have a larger pair of WF ACA princess-cut studs that my DH gave me that I wear almost daily. I’ve always had it in the back of my mind that I’d like to reset them into something I *would* wear.

I’m about 99% sure that these emerald-cut stones are diamonds, but I have a tester on the way from Amazon just to make sure. If they are diamonds as I suspect, maybe Jon and I could work them into the setting somehow? I’d love to do that for the sentimental value! I’m worried that they might be a touch too big, though. If so, I guess I’ll just have to plan another project for them, maybe with a fabulous EC moissy like yours as a center stone! :Up_to_something:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E72F79F9-412B-4BBE-85C5-27113A632B05.jpeg 1BCB87C0-3674-468F-A666-A4C3A7E2D0D9.jpeg 7B99FDD4-34E1-427E-8F17-2E829937E007.jpeg B24E53F8-398D-47C6-A81E-EBD9600B1D96.jpeg A700FB2B-2ECD-452D-9D0C-400ADE915F0F.jpeg B4007A5F-34AC-45C8-BE25-C3E760911C8B.jpeg
So Superman . . . uh, I mean @Rhino . . . just messaged me some CAD renderings and OMG!!! I told him about my lil emerald-cut maybe-diamonds and he said we can work them in! They’d be bezel set east-west in the place where the round sidestones are on these pics, and we’d put milgraining around them and all over the rest of the shank. Also, I’d probably have him extend the engraving farther down so it covers more of the band. The head might wind up being more like the Vivianne on the AVI site *if* we can make that work. But this is the basic idea. What do y’all think??? :mrgreen:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's amazing!!! :love::love::love:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could work your ECs into that design, but a 3 stone with a big honkin EC would be fun too! Maybe you could do a second ring in white gold for variety! Ha ha, I'm such an enabler. @MonkeysInk can attest to that!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could work your ECs into that design, but a 3 stone with a big honkin EC would be fun too! Maybe you could do a second ring in white gold for variety! Ha ha, I'm such an enabler. @MonkeysInk can attest to that!

You’re so bad and you know I love it!!! :P2

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm actually so glad you and Jon designed a new setting coz I needed something for my oval sapphire! :mrgreen2:
0213181915.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!! Excellent! I love that I’m enabling you right back! :twisted2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results