Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

AV Round VS. Starsgem

Kremy630

Rough_Rock
I’ve been working with a Kelvin at Starsgem but when I told my fiancé it was coming from Overseas and how cheap it was, he X’d that out real fast and gave me a budget of 2,500.

I’ve been doing a lot of research and pretty sure I want to go with AV H&A. I’m no diamond expert, so I just want something that looks as similar to a diamond to the naked eye as possible. I want it clean, colorless. I don’t know anything about faucets, depth, anything so it’s really overwhelming with all you experts! Lol. This is so helpful. Would you say AV H&A would be my best bet? I was going to go with True Gem, but I feel like AV is better quality from what I’ve been reading. Inspo pic - very simple solitaire.

but is paying double for H&A from AV vs starsgem really “worth” it?

6F99BCC3-EFF7-4D60-B14D-9524F9C7447C.jpeg

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To check, you are considering Moissanite?

If so, have you considered a Laboratory Grown Diamond / Man Made Diamond?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been working with a Kelvin at Starsgem but when I told my fiancé it was coming from Overseas and how cheap it was, he X’d that out real fast and gave me a budget of 2,500.

I’ve been doing a lot of research and pretty sure I want to go with AV H&A. I’m no diamond expert, so I just want something that looks as similar to a diamond to the naked eye as possible. I want it clean, colorless. I don’t know anything about faucets, depth, anything so it’s really overwhelming with all you experts! Lol. This is so helpful. Would you say AV H&A would be my best bet? I was going to go with True Gem, but I feel like AV is better quality from what I’ve been reading. Inspo pic - very simple solitaire.

I think when you start getting over 1 carat, that is when you start noticing a difference. The AV is cut a bit crisper compared to the SG stone. The Moissanite Company Ideal cut is also as good but sometimes a little cheaper. If your budget is $2500, you should be able to do the stone and solitaire setting for that price. The eternity ring would be in addition to that price but I can recommend getting that from Starsgem in lab diamonds. They can do an eternity ring for you to make this set possible. I know LindaM has an AV and SG stone. I will get her to post pictures for you here.

lindam1503

Rough_Rock
Imo, yes, especially if you are going over 1 carat DEW.
Here’s a picture of my 7.5mm from SG vs. August Vintage 8.5mm.
I like them both, but for me, it was worth it to buy the AV stone for a ring.
Jonathan and Vicki are wonderful.
If you are “on the fence” let him know, and he’ll help you, as he has a return policy—you can see his stone and then decide.
Also, he now has, I think a lot of lab diamonds. Definitely worth asking him!
Here’s my SG 7.5mm vs AV 8.5mm. Both are H&A.

I think when you start getting over 1 carat, that is when you start noticing a difference. The AV is cut a bit crisper compared to the SG stone. The Moissanite Company Ideal cut is also as good but sometimes a little cheaper. If your budget is $2500, you should be able to do the stone and solitaire setting for that price. The eternity ring would be in addition to that price but I can recommend getting that from Starsgem in lab diamonds. They can do an eternity ring for you to make this set possible. I know LindaM has an AV and SG stone. I will get her to post pictures for you here.

32A3EA87-A923-46BB-804B-EAC1D6121C00.jpeg E863FAC4-037A-4572-A396-F87B0084BC13.jpeg CCE697DD-EDF8-42CA-8922-0E82A697B2DA.jpeg 32A3EA87-A923-46BB-804B-EAC1D6121C00.jpeg E863FAC4-037A-4572-A396-F87B0084BC13.jpeg CCE697DD-EDF8-42CA-8922-0E82A697B2DA.jpeg

AK29

Shiny_Rock

Ive purchased a 3ct equivalent AV....I had purchased and returned a few other moissanites (all H&A cut) for comparison- Jonathan's is hands down better.

Even in the larger carat size that I went with, everyone who has seen my ring in person, including close friends who wear diamonds themselves, have believed it to be the real deal (until of course I explained it was a moissanite!)

Ill try to upload a pic of my 3ct moissanite vs 1ct H&A, F colored, SI1 mined diamond for comparison- they are close!

IMG_1986.jpg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.