carat
color
clarity

AV Moissanite - Ideal cuts or OECs?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

First world dilemma here...long story short, I had a pair of amazing ACA diamond studs, 1.10ctw from Whiteflash, that I added into my 3 stone e-ring reset to make a 5 stone. I've been itching to replace them, but given what I paid for my ACAs 7 years ago, and what new ones would cost now (almost double) I can't stomach the thought of spending that kind of dosh on earrings. Soooo, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to delve into the world of moissanites!

Does anyone happen to have an August Vintage ideal cut moissy, AND an OEC as well? How do they compare performance-wise? I've never had a really nicely cut OEC and am very curious about them, as well as totally besotted by the pictures. I thought this might be a good opportunity to try out some OECs, but having never seen one in real life I can't decide! I have been in contact with the absolutely lovely Jonathan already, I just need to make up my mind!

Thanks in advance!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't search on my phone because it's useless, lol, but I'm wondering if Rhino's instagram or youtube accounts might have a side-by-side comparison video that could be useful!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His Instagram has a lot of videos that might help.

I have the ideal cut and I love it. I would imagine for earrings if you want that super shiny look, MRB is probably your best bet. I’ve owned well cut oecs and they are beautiful in their own way but not as blinding.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies!! I'm not on IG but am thinking for daily wear it might be best to stick to what I know, which is ideal cuts. I'd love to get an OEC in the future anyway, perhaps in a bezel pendant. Oh the possibilities!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies!! I'm not on IG but am thinking for daily wear it might be best to stick to what I know, which is ideal cuts. I'd love to get an OEC in the future anyway, perhaps in a bezel pendant. Oh the possibilities!
You don't have to be on instagram to look at it! :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny thanks, I didn't realise that! I just spend nearly an hour admiring their IG pics and vids, oh my :love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino is great about posting videos! Check his IG and see if you can find what you want to see. If not, definitely send him an email! He very often can do videos per customer requests. :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm definitely set on ideal cuts for stud earrings, and now have plans for maybe an OEC or AVC in a pendant for the next project.

Thanks for all of your help, ladies!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Please report back with some pictures :) I'm so interested!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely will do @Lessics. Apparently AV's shipment of moissies is delayed so I'm (im)patiently waiting! :loopy:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting! :)) What size are they?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lessics! I can't wait to wear them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results