shape
carat
color
clarity

Authorized dealers for brand name watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemhobby

Rough_Rock
I wanted to get a brand name watch like Baume et Mercier or Ebel but found that they are only sold by authorized dealers. I think the price has a very big mark-up portion.

Can I ask a jewler who doesn''t carry the brand to special order one for me? Can anyone explain this "authorized dealer" thing? Is the warranty still valid if the watch is bought from someone who is not an "authorized dealer"?

gemhobby

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi gemhobby,

Fine watch companies like Rolex, Ebel, B & M, etc. work hard to maintain their excellent reputation and finest quality.
They sell their watches directly to authorized dealers who in turn are able to honor the warranties and send the watches back directly to the manufacturer for service. You can purchase these watches from unauthorized dealers who will supply you with "in house" warranties that are not honored by the manufacturer.
If you want peace of mind and no hassle warranty service after the sale..then I recommend an authorized dealer. You can also try to negotiate a small discount if you ask. The fine watch company''s repair depts. will NOT touch a watch that was not purchased from an authorized dealer.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

gemhobby

Rough_Rock
Hi there:

Thank you for your reply.

If a store is not an authorized dealer of a brand name watch, where do they get the watches from? Are the watches really new if they sell them as new?

Thank you.

gemhobby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results