shape
carat
color
clarity

Author Kurt Vonnegut Dies at 84

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Author Kurt Vonnegut has died at age 84. I will attempt to post a link to an article about his life and his books. I know that Leonid share my love of his fiction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/books/12vonnegut.html?hp

34.gif

mia15

Shiny_Rock
This made me sad as well. When writers like these die, they take a part of our times with them.

What are everyone''s favorite works? Without a doubt, I loved his short stories.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2007 7:12:06 AM
Author:AGBF

Author Kurt Vonnegut has died at age 84. I will attempt to post a link to an article about his life and his books. I know that Leonid shares my love of his fiction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/books/12vonnegut.html?hp

34.gif

I need the edit button. I am going to go crazy without it. I have to be able to correct my grammatical and typographical errors. I was unable to go back to the first posting in this thread and add an "s" to "share". It was not good for my mental health. What happened to the button and was it done (removed) to test my mental state? If so, can I just stipulate that I have some issues, but then you bring the button back?

Deb :)
34.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF, the edit button is working fine for me...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2007 9:18:00 PM
Author: monarch64
AGBF, the edit button is working fine for me...
Don''t tell me that. I may have a few psychiatric issues, but one of them is not generally paranoia ;-).

Deb
34.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
emeraldlover, besides his most known books I enjoyed Hokus Pocus very much. His latest "A Man Without A Country" is like talking to an old friend...

... what made being alive almost worthwhile for me, besides music, was alll the saints I had met, who could be anywhere. By saints I meant people who behaved decently in a strikingly indecent society.

Joe, a young man from Pittsburgh, came up to me with one request: "Please tell me it will be okay."

"Welcome to Earth, young man," I said. "It''s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It''s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, Joe, you''ve got about a hundred years here. There''s only one rule I know of: Goddamn it, Joe, you''ve got to be kind!"

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 6:14:07 PM
Author: Pricescope
emeraldlover, besides his most known books I enjoyed Hokus Pocus very much. His latest ''A Man Without A Country'' is like talking to an old friend...

... what made being alive almost worthwhile for me, besides music, was alll the saints I had met, who could be anywhere. By saints I meant people who behaved decently in a strikingly indecent society.

Joe, a young man from Pittsburgh, came up to me with one request: ''Please tell me it will be okay.''

''Welcome to Earth, young man,'' I said. ''It''s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It''s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, Joe, you''ve got about a hundred years here. There''s only one rule I know of: Goddamn it, Joe, you''ve got to be kind!''
Ok, you''ve got me crying here. KV was so much a part of my fabric in years past.
15.gif
I have not read his latest, but intend to.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I just picked up A Man Without a Country today. Looks like good reading.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
I know what you mean, Justjulia. So many great writers have died in the past few years, but seeing the news of his death was really shocking.

I will pick up the book this week, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results