shape
carat
color
clarity

Aussies - anyone purchased from GS Diamonds?

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I posted here about 7mths ago when my boyfriend and I were starting to talking about getting engaged. Well it still hasn’t happened but the talks have started again!! So I’ve started re-researching rings and re-teaching myself about diamonds!!

I’m in Australia (Melbourne) and have heard some good things about https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/

Has anyone else purchased from here? Our budget isn’t great (about $5-6k total including band and diamond) - as much as I’d love to we just can’t justify it right now. Actually I haven’t even talked budget with him but that’s the area I’m currently looking.

Taking exchange rate into account, GS Dianobds seems semi-comparable to Blue Nile/James Allen.

Thoughts? :)

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
Just bumping this up :)
The more I look/read/research the harder it is... especially with a low budget.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! I can’t help on the vendor front as I’m in NZ but there’s a few Aussie posters who will be coming online soon. @Bron357 and sorry I’ve blanked on the others. They can help advise if that vendor is any good and what you could get by way of comparison online just in case you did want to go that route.
Budget we know, what shape, size, colour and clarity are you looking for?

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply! I’m looking for a round stone in a yellow gold micropave style setting. Not sure if I like 4 claw or 6 claw better, but I’d like the claws to be in white gold/platinum (or whatever they use) rather than yellow gold claw.

In terms of specs... just best ‘bang for buck’ I think. Size is highest priority but don’t think I can get much more than a 1ct (and may have to go down to 0.9 I’m assuming) for my budget. Probably looking at an H/I stone, SI1 in that budget too.

What are ‘very good’ cuts like? Steer clear?

Claudio Dorro

Rough_Rock
I purchsed recently from GS Diamonds. But they are located in Sydney, in Queen Victoria Building, not in Melbourne. I investigated market before also, I just like to buy smart 8-). They have affordable prices, sometimes even wholesale prices for the loose diamonds. I think it is better to buy a loose diamond from them and order custom made design there also. For the money you mention they have big assortment of solitairs, but also have many three-stones rings. Check here, for example https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/engagement-rings/Solitaire

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your reply! I’m looking for a round stone in a yellow gold micropave style setting. Not sure if I like 4 claw or 6 claw better, but I’d like the claws to be in white gold/platinum (or whatever they use) rather than yellow gold claw.

In terms of specs... just best ‘bang for buck’ I think. Size is highest priority but don’t think I can get much more than a 1ct (and may have to go down to 0.9 I’m assuming) for my budget. Probably looking at an H/I stone, SI1 in that budget too.

What are ‘very good’ cuts like? Steer clear?

The one area I would not compromise on is cut. I'm sure you could hit the 1 ct mark with your budget, but the stone will most likely be a dud and the size of a .9 ct stone.

You do not need to have a super ideal H&A stone for it to be an amazing stone. Your best bang for the buck will come from a stone that falls within these proportions.

Table: 54-57
Depth: 60-62.3
CA: 34-35
PA: 40.6-41.0
Gridle: thin to medium, thin to slightly thick; avoid extremes like very thin, thick, or very thick
CA and PA should compliment. 34 CA goes well with 41 PA, 35 CA goes well with 40.6 PA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results