shape
carat
color
clarity

Audrey Hepburn Bachelorette Party? Ideas?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
So my fellow bridesmaids are throwing our soon-to-be bride a kind of low key Audrey Hepburn themed bachelorette party. She is a very nice girl, not the kind that would want to get trashed or get strippers for her bachelorette party or stuff like that, and she LOVES AH, so we wanted to do something like that for her. Just us bridesmaids and her at the maid-of-honor''s house for a girly party type thing.

I have some things in mind but does anyone have any other ideas? Like decorations or just anything else of the sort? It would be appreciated
1.gif

anyname

Shiny_Rock
oooh, i love Audrey Hepburn. Hmm, the only thing i can think of is something Holly Golightly related, little black dresses, pearls, cocktails, going to Tiffany''s...or have people dress up as different characters from her movies. Have a way to incorporate her movies as into the theme, through the decorations or food. Lots of flowers ala "My Fair Lady", something Parisian from "Funny Face", cat face masks as little gifts, I don''t know if you can find those long cigarette holders, but i think just holding those would be fun. When i think of Audrey Hepburn i think of grace, elegance, and class, and simplicity so i wouldn''t go too overboard on decorations. Hope this helps!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love this idea!!

I definitely think that classy and chic should be the general tone, whether you stick to her movies or just her style. I totally agree that if you could snag some of those long cigarette holders as party favors, it would be perfect. I also imagine that delicate, pretty food would be great. Or coffee and pastries :)

Or you can get the girls together for a slumber party with AH movies and plenty of champagne. That sounds like a fabulous evening to me.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t really have any advice, and you''ve gotten some wonderful suggestions

i''m just posting to beg for pictures of the final product!

pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee!
9.gif

this has to be the classiest bachelorette party i''ve heard of yet!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 12:14:13 AM
Author: popcorn
oooh, i love Audrey Hepburn. Hmm, the only thing i can think of is something Holly Golightly related, little black dresses, pearls, cocktails, going to Tiffany''s...or have people dress up as different characters from her movies. Have a way to incorporate her movies as into the theme, through the decorations or food. Lots of flowers ala ''My Fair Lady'', something Parisian from ''Funny Face'', cat face masks as little gifts, I don''t know if you can find those long cigarette holders, but i think just holding those would be fun. When i think of Audrey Hepburn i think of grace, elegance, and class, and simplicity so i wouldn''t go too overboard on decorations. Hope this helps!

good idea!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I would start the evening out with everyone going to a large hair salon and getting a professional up-do - with cocktails...
Then a night out looking fabulous!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
hey FF (love the name by the way)...
My BFF love AH. Alot.
For her b-day last year, I rented out a room in a restaurant/bar that we go to all of the time. My FI borrowed a projector from his work, and we projected Roman Holiday then Breakfast at Tiffanys, and played music (made a soundtrack of AH movies) while they were playing. It was all a surprise. I called all of our close friends and had them paint/draw/print a different movie post of AH. I set up a trail of popcorn and ticket stubs for her to follow to get to the bar.
It was a blast and definitely one of the best parties I''ve thrown.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
LOVE Audrey Hepburn.

I myself would like my very own "Breakfast at Tiffany''s" bridal shower theme....lol Perhaps I''ll have to throw myself my own bridal shower someday since I know what I''d like to already have! ha!

IF you''d like to do something like that, have everyone wear a black dress or black top and bottoms...hand out fake pearl necklaces and make sure everyone has sunglasses.....
2.gif
At least, that''s what I''d do.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
That is such a great idea for a bachelorette party! I would have NEVER thought of something like that, and I adore it :) Post pics when it''s done!!!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe get everybody a pretty crystal cocktail ring as a favor to wear with the black dresses? I seem to recall on my box cover of Breakfast at Tiffany''s that she has a giant blingy ring on. Updos at a salon is a great idea. Audrey Hepburn''s classic style was the little black dress, the straight-leg capri pant, a boatneck t-shirt in stripes or solids, ballet flats, etc. I agree that this sounds like fun! Now I want a party like this!
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 4:20:37 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
LOVE Audrey Hepburn.

I myself would like my very own ''Breakfast at Tiffany''s'' bridal shower theme....lol Perhaps I''ll have to throw myself my own bridal shower someday since I know what I''d like to already have! ha!

IF you''d like to do something like that, have everyone wear a black dress or black top and bottoms...hand out fake pearl necklaces and make sure everyone has sunglasses.....
2.gif
At least, that''s what I''d do.

Great suggestion about the pearls and sunglasses.

I adore AH, we have too many coffee table books about her to put out! My favorite AH movie is Charade. I totally recommend showing this one too if you''re doing the movie thing.

Now I really wish someone had done this for my bachelorette party! My best friend did give me a giant painting of AH and her Treasures book that came out for my MoH gift for her wedding, though. That book is wonderful, if your friend doesn''t already have it, it would make a great gift.

OH! And you could give a donation to UNICEF in your friend''s name, too, if she was a big AH fan. AH did a lot of work for them, especially in her later years.

Fabulous party idea, Dahling!

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I had a few ideas myself (I''m a huuuuge AH fan... hence the name
2.gif
), but I got a lot more from you guys!

I seriously cannot WAIT for this. Its going to be so classy and fun. I think I may have more fun than the bride!
25.gif

Will definitely try and post pics when I''m done!!!!

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delay, but here are some pictures! This was set up right by the door..

audrey111111.JPG

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME! I was wondering how that all played out. Looking forward to more photos.
(sorry if you are still posting them, I got too excited and couldn't wait until you were finished)
3.gif

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
Here is the bar, all decorated with Audrey quotes! It was put to good use
9.gif

audrey2222222.JPG

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
More decorations and Audrey pictures.... we basically put them up EVERYWHERE so you walk in and see black and white with splashes of bright pink. Also while the bridesmaids were there getting ready and while the bride-to-be first arrived, we played old music that basically made you think of walking the streets of Paris circa 1950. So great.

audrey333333.JPG

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
This was the table with all of our classy finger foods. Later was dessert.... cake, some pastries, and chocolate covered strawberries
18.gif
Honestly, it was all FANTASTIC but at the same time so classy, and I highly recommend this whole theme if you are into it!!!
36.gif

audrey444444.JPG

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! I'm glad it turned out so well for you all. I am certainly interested in this theme. I love the whole thing.

Where'd you get those glasses with the flowers in them on the table? (I'm assuming you just put flowers in a glass but I'm curious) Got a close up shot of that? I love them!

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
PS - also, we all dressed up Audrey Hepburn style. We all chose different outfits, but mostly black dresses, long pearls, and I myself chose the ever-so-Audrey-style of black pants and a white shirt.
2.gif

Thank you so much again for all the ideas!!! Many were put to good use!
5.gif

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 3:28:39 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Yeah! I''m glad it turned out so well for you all. I am certainly interested in this theme. I love the whole thing.

Where''d you get those glasses with the flowers in them on the table? (I''m assuming you just put flowers in a glass but I''m curious) Got a close up shot of that? I love them!

Unfortunately I don''t... I wish I took more pictures, in fact! The maid of honor bought them, but I''m not sure where, I suppose she just found them at the same florist she bought the roses from.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, ok thank you! They are very lovely! I'd love to see a photo of everyone dresssed up if you wouldn't mind sharing. You could black out everyone's face if you weren't comfortable sharing everyone's face. If you don't want to share, that's fine I totally understand! I can picture it in my head.

What did the bride wear then?

funnyface786

Rough_Rock
Yeah I was thinking about that, but I will gladly send you a pic in a message dreamgirl
1.gif

We just told the bride to wear something black or white, or both
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results