shape
carat
color
clarity

attending gem shows to see colored gemstones

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
not sure if this is the correct section of the forum to ask this..

i would love to attend gem and jewellery shows like the Tucson show, JCK , Hong Kong show..
i hear these shows are not open to the public.... what are the things needed to attend these shows? you need to have a company or be a representative from a company? a company ID?

i am mainly focusing on the shows which display colored stones and not minerals and beads.

thank you:))

ps: i am seeing a lot of posts from "the diamonds girl" and "champagne gem" from HK show and this is really making me want to go....

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some Tucson shows are open to the public. If you have a jeweller friend, he can bring you in some of the wholesale show.

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
thank you :) anyone else with info? please?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hk show in Nov is open to the public. Quite a lot of the trade folks don’t go (both exhibitors and buyers) but it’s big enough to enjoy for normal folks like us.

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
thank you..

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hk show in Nov is open to the public. Quite a lot of the trade folks don’t go (both exhibitors and buyers) but it’s big enough to enjoy for normal folks like us.
You think it'll still be on with all the protests and unrest?

I keep hearing how restaurants are discounting buffets cuz there are no guests so I'm wondering if the gem shows will still be on.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Concur with November show in HK being opened to public.

It usually coincides with Christie's jewellery auction that takes place in the same building, and it is a great opportunity to ogle and even try on the items during their viewing days that are opened to public.

DK :))

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You think it'll still be on with all the protests and unrest?

I keep hearing how restaurants are discounting buffets cuz there are no guests so I'm wondering if the gem shows will still be on.

My hk colleagues have advised not to visit until things settle down, which could really take a while. Problem is with shopping centers and mtr closing, food and transport could be an issue. You could stay nearby like at Grand Hyatt but then going to the airport could also be a problem. Bling isn’t life or death level imo so I wouldn’t risk it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the shows all have trade days first and then the general public can go to many of the stall holders on the public days, which are usually towards the end of the shows.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results