shape
carat
color
clarity

Atlanta Mart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

advracer

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any experience with purchasing loose Diamonds at the Mart in Atlanta? Can you really save a significant amout? Will you still get GIA graded stones?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Based on the reputation of other jewelry marts in the US, I'd stay far away for something as important as an engagement ring (if that is what this is for). If you are in Atlanta and want to buy local I would pay a visit to Union Diamond. They are a PS vendor and will have good prices and solid stone choices.

Otherwise I would explore other PS vendors who are online, you'll likely get the best prices there.

advracer

Rough_Rock
it is for an engagement ring, I have struggled with just that. Is it really worth the possible savings. I am ok with a "retail" type company and know Will pay more. I am currently working with Markmans in knoxville, Tn and feel as though they are taking care of me

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
For *me* it''s the time savings too, not just the cost savings. You can go to one of the PS vendors, tell them what you want, and have them bring stones exactly to your specifications out for you with no hassle. AND NO BARGAINING.

If you go to the JM in Atlanta, you''ll have to have spent hours on PS learning everything there is to learn about buying diamonds, how to evaluate cut properly, and what you should be paying for each jump/drop in color, clarity, or cut. THEN you''ll have to go down there and spend ours looking at things yourself and trying to determine who is trying to rip you off and who isn''t. THEN you''ll need to walk out 5 times so that you can finally get a price somewhat close to a PS vendor''s price, and still pay more most likely.

So it''s a no brainer to me and it was for my DH simply because he didn''t want to go through all the hassle.

edy

Rough_Rock
For me, the biggest down side to buying a diamond from a B&M shop is that you don''t have nearly as much information nor tools as you do with online vendors like Whiteflash, and GOG. In a store, you can only evaluate the diamond by the looks and the report. Online, you have the things like the idealscope image, ASET, and the HCA.

advracer

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input and if you have more advice, I am open for anything

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2008 12:57:51 PM
Author: advracer
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input and if you have more advice, I am open for anything
Hi Advracer, welcome to PS. Do you have a budget and we can help you look?? Color and clarity preference? Shape of stone?

advracer

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a round brilliant cut 1.5 -2.0 ct G or H, VVS2-SI1. I was thinking of spending 10-15k but not sure if that can be done
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2008 9:37:12 PM
Author: advracer
I am looking for a round brilliant cut 1.5 -2.0 ct G or H, VVS2-SI1. I was thinking of spending 10-15k but not sure if that can be done
1.gif
Hi advracer - to get in your price range, you will probably be looking at H/Si1 and about 1.7ct - but I''m sure others wil make some good suggestions. Imho, there is no need to include VVs clarity in your search - it will only drive the price up and anything vs2 and above are garauntee to be eyeclean. Most si1''s will also be eye clean, you need just check with the vendor. No point in paying for what we can''t see, right?
31.gif

here is one i found from my personal favourite vendor, Good Old Gold. If you are interested plaese do a search here and you will find a ton of threads with great reviews. The other vendor which is always popular is Whiteflash. You can go to any of these sites and "plug in" your specs and price range and find some candidates.

1.52 H si1 ~$11600 after wire discount http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/4339/

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results