shape
carat
color
clarity

At what point are there too many bangles?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I flew home a few days ago to care for my grandma and while I’m here I considered buying a 10mm gold heirloom bangle. I already have a 6 mm one. It’s not unusual for ladies here to stack them but where I live now I noticed it’s not as common.

Thoughts? Too many bracelets for one arm?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they start cutting off the blood circulation on your upper arm:D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I flew home a few days ago to care for my grandma and while I’m here I considered buying a 10mm gold heirloom bangle. I already have a 6 mm one. It’s not unusual for ladies here to stack them but where I live now I noticed it’s not as common.

It depends on how they look. I have a set of seven that I sometimes wear all together. AGBFsSeven24KGoldBangles.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

By the way, where is "here"? Where do you live now?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a stack of thinner bangles or a mix of bangle sizes like AGBF has posted above always looks beautiful - with the caveat that they are carefully selected to work together rather than a random mish-mash of things that don't blend well. Two or three would certainly not make me look twice.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bangles you show above look wonderful together, winnietucker. Is that a Hawaiin style? I have never seen it.

Deb

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
The bangles you show above look wonderful together, winnietucker. Is that a Hawaiin style? I have never seen it.

Deb

Yes they’re Hawaiian heirloom bangles. Lots of times you have your name on it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bangles are beautiful and look like they were designed to go together!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bangles are beautiful and look like they were designed to go together!

Were those winnietucker's bangles? I thought they were just a photo of how the bangles generally look. I thought she was thinking about having two bangles. I'm confused. But I definitely think she should get as many bangles as she can afford! The look is wonderful. :))

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were those winnietucker's bangles? I thought they were just a photo of how the bangles generally look. I thought she was thinking about having two bangles. I'm confused. But I definitely think she should get as many bangles as she can afford! The look is wonderful. :))

Oh, I thought so, but maybe I was wrong. In any case, I think she should wear what she likes too. I always think that bangles are meant to be grouped up. A single one always looks lonely to me.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Not mine! Just a random photo I got off the internet. It’s common for women to wear them like that. I only have the one I was gifted as a baby.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine! Just a random photo I got off the internet. It’s common for women to wear them like that. I only have the one I was gifted as a baby.

Definitely buy the second one that you have been considering buying. I think that bangles need to be grouped in groups of (at least) three to look their best, however, so if I were you, I would save for a third! :))

Deb :wavey:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
:mrgreen2:
Definitely buy the second one that you have been considering buying. I think that bangles need to be grouped in groups of (at least) three to look their best, however, so if I were you, I would save for a third! :))

I could do one with my husband’s name... or maybe a jade bangle since I broke mine... I’ve been looking for an adequate replacement off and on for a few years :mrgreen2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3B465774-8912-43B4-AC52-DCEFA7F98352.jpeg

I’m from Hawaii now but I live in the PNW. They look like this...
I have two bracelets and a ring, all purchased in Honolulu.
One bracelet is 8mm and the one in the photo is 12 mm. (the 8mm is in a safety deposit box)
All in sterling because I couldn't afford gold!
IMG_20190720_181019394.jpg IMG_20190720_181427.jpg

Last edited:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have two bracelets and a ring, all purchased in Honolulu.
One bracelet is 8mm and the one in the photo is 12 mm. (the 8mm is in a safety deposit box)
All in sterling because I couldn't afford gold!
IMG_20190720_181019394.jpg IMG_20190720_181427.jpg

Nice! I love the wide(ish) ones (medium width? I’m not sure but they can be very wide). Do both say Ku’uipo?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! I love the wide(ish) ones (medium width? I’m not sure but they can be very wide). Do both say Ku’uipo?
Yes, they say Ku'uipo. I knew about Hawaiian heirloom jewelry before visiting Hawaii. I bought my first bracelet in 1997. Then in 2004, I bought this wider one. To see some of the ladies with an armful of gold bracelets is stunning! And don't get me started on Ni'ihau shell jewelry! To die for! I have a single strand necklace and bracelet, but would love a big fat multi-strand lei!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Yes, they say Ku'uipo. I knew about Hawaiian heirloom jewelry before visiting Hawaii. I bought my first bracelet in 1997. Then in 2004, I bought this wider one. To see some of the ladies with an armful of gold bracelets is stunning! And don't get me started on Ni'ihau shell jewelry! To die for! I have a single strand necklace and bracelet, but would love a big fat multi-strand lei!

Oh yes, those are prized. I’ve had a feather hat band on my wish list for years. Not that I wear hats or anything. But my aunty made some for my dad a long time ago. He framed them and hung them. I was going to try my hand at making some. I was thinking sometime after I get through all my other projects...

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
winnietucker-

I would love it if you would add your photo of the Hawaiian bangles to the gold thread and stracci, if you would add photos of yours to the silver thread! These threads have been neglected lately and could use some refreshment!!!!

Links are below:

The Gold Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-62
The Silver Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-silver-thread.182781/

Will do if I get the second one! I ran out of time in Hawaii and had to fly back but might order one within the next month or two.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
FDC7C7DD-9286-48C6-8D73-C714151EDB23.jpeg

“Too many”? What’s that? :twisted2:

I’d say about 3 on one arm at most.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FDC7C7DD-9286-48C6-8D73-C714151EDB23.jpeg

“Too many”? What’s that? :twisted2:

I’d say about 3 on one arm at most.

Where did this photo come from? Was it this woman's wedding day? The Gold Thread has some photos of women bedecked in gold they received for wedding gifts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results