shape
carat
color
clarity

At what distance does diamond(s) look its best?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
would my diamond look sparkier to the person sitting across the dining table from me? I guess all depends on the lighting?

Reactions: AV_

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really does depend on the lighting but I think from across the table it will be very blingy. We tend to look out our own diamonds up close on our hands but I think it almost looks better if you fully extend your arm and look at it from that distance.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
would my diamond look sparkier to the person sitting across the dining table from me? I guess all depends on the lighting?
If you give me your diamond, I can wear it for you and you can assess for yourself ;-)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you have ever seen the sparkles on the ceiling of the car or in an aeroplane etc - then you need to be lined up with those sparkles to see a bright flash.
When you sit still and look at a diamond you will see more (and often brighter) flashes with 2 eyes than with one because you doubled the points where a flash can see your eyes.
The further away you are the more likely the flash will be a blue to red one (green is almost always absent).

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
If you have ever seen the sparkles on the ceiling of the car or in an aeroplane etc - then you need to be lined up with those sparkles to see a bright flash.
When you sit still and look at a diamond you will see more (and often brighter) flashes with 2 eyes than with one because you doubled the points where a flash can see your eyes.
The further away you are the more likely the flash will be a blue to red one (green is almost always absent).

Green is almost always absent at a distance?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Green is almost always absent at a distance?
Green is in the middle of the spectrum / rainbow. As such when you see green you will get some red orange and blue violet - and Whalla! it is a white flash!
Try it - sit very still and find a place where you can follow a blue flash and move your head slightly till you see it turn white and then if you are very careful you can see the white turn to red and then disappear or go dark.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Green is in the middle of the spectrum / rainbow. As such when you see green you will get some red orange and blue violet - and Whalla! it is a white flash!
Try it - sit very still and find a place where you can follow a blue flash and move your head slightly till you see it turn white and then if you are very careful you can see the white turn to red and then disappear or go dark.

I will, first chance I get.=)2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, hard to capture green even in a pic. This is the only green shot I
have on a diamond.

vz35ct.JPG

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, hard to capture green even in a pic. This is the only green shot I
have on a diamond.

vz35ct.JPG
Ooh, I think I have some green in my avatar pic?! :))

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
MyGreenFire.jpg I have a green picture in the "fire" thread. Around page 50, I think, lol.

Last edited:

EC8

Shiny_Rock
99D32C1D-56E8-4A57-8E8A-BD88E60DB73A.jpeg Green!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
lighting and what are looking for?
Fire - distance is better because the fans spread with distance.
Contrast brilliance closer but not to close is better.(ASET/IS are showing potential contrast brilliance within the area bordered by the diamonds girdle, vs contrast brilliance on the hand here you have to take into account the setting and the hand as contrast)
General sparkle - mid distance generally approximately 1/2 arm length.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results