shape
carat
color
clarity

At Home Gym?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I know we''ve sortof covered this before, but I wanted to touch back on it considering new equipment and updates. What are some of the things you have in your at home gym? Also what are some things you think should be in an at home gym, or would you like in your at home gym? I''d like to really go in depth with this with you guys. Let''s discuss equipment, brands, reviews, clothes, shoes, dvds, books... anything related to an at home gym/equipment!

I''ll start. Currently I have a treadmill (which we are moving to our townhouse soon), a large stability ball, a long elastic band, a shorter elastic band, 5lb weights, a yoga mat, yoga blocks, running shoes, and my dvd repertoire includes:
Core Rhythms
several yoga DVDs
Denise Austin Pilates
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
Biggest Loser Cardio dvd
Two Billy Banks Tae Bo vhs
and a Shape kick boxing DVD.

I''d love suggestions (considering we are working on building ours slowly to be a real, working in home gym so I can stop paying ridiculous gym fees), and to hear what yours are like and hear about products you are trying, want to try, etc.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
I have a Gaiam mini-stepper with resistance bands, a cheapo stationary bike and erm...a Carmen Electra "Fit to Strip" dvd.

I would really like an elliptical machine like they have at the gym. I love those! I could spend hours on one and not even notice. But it''s way to big for my tiny apartment.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I have a treadmill, 5 & 8# hand weights, Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred + the Boost Metabolism, and I just ordered a Polar heart rate monitor. On demand Exercise TV also has a ton of workouts and I use that to mix up my routine a bit.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a Livestrong LS9.9T treadmill and a bunch of free weights. We''re going to bring in a bench as soon as we make room for it in DH''s office.

That''s really all we need. We''re pretty traditional when it comes to lifting--free weights or body weights only. We don''t use any of the (in)stability things like the BoSu or medicine balls.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
We have a little home gym in our apt complex, and the only thing I miss is the free weights (10-20 lbs). I like using free weights to work my triceps. I also miss using that amt of weight to do oblique work (oblique twists).

It sounds like you have everything covered!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have free weights? Jari Love has great weight lifting videos for women.

I'm not into fancy workout equipment. We bought a $2700 eliptical (eh, I know) and what a waste of $. We sold it last summer for $1500. One thing that's a must though is an aerobic step. Mine is by Rebok and I love it.

Another great way to stay fit. . .WALK! lol I've been walking 12 miles a week and feel great because not only moving my body but also by getting some natural light.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The only thing I have is a bike trainer. It allows me to hook up my road bike and ride it as a stationary bike. I also consider the tv + dvd player sitting in front of my bike to be "exercise equipment" because there's no way I could sit on a bike inside for 45 minutes without them.

I think DH also has some 30lb free weights - a bit big for me, but he uses them sometimes when he doesn't get to go to the gym.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the input and keep it coming!

I was lucky enough to get my treadmill for around 25 dollars. My friend/ex roomie had no room for it and wasn''t using it, and asked if I''d take it off her hands. I refused to do so for free lol. Right now I mainly use it on weekends until we can get it moved to our townhouse. It''s at my grandparents, but my grandmother loves it
40.gif
dunno if that''s a good thing or not haha

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I love that we have a home gym! I''ll list our stuff (if ony we had a pool)

Free weights
multi position bench w/ leg lifts & extensions
Double upper/lower cable machine w/ attached multi postion bench (my fav) can do everything with it
Treadmill
Eliptical w/ power incline
various barbells, curl bar
arm/ankle weights
foam roller
large ball

I''m adding the Insanity workout soon too
Also have a Vitamix blender for amazing shakes & smoothies (Cannot believe the stuff I do with this machine)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking of buying a little mini indoor trampoline and wanted to hear opinions on that.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Cnspotts - what kind of free weights do you have? Right now I have 5lbs and we are using SO''s friend''s 25 and 30. I''m probably going to start lifting soon, but am wondering how to progress, and wondering also what I should buy. I know I want weight and dumbbells.

What brand is your bench?
Also can you tell me more about your cable machine?

I have just a regular blender, which we make smoothies with right now. It does a great job with frozen fruits, but I''m going to have to figure out adding veggies. I want to try Insanity and P90X as my back gets better.

stepcut - I had thought about getting a trampoline for indoors. I think it depends on your flooring and what you want to get out of it. I personally am waiting because we have wood floors and I''m afraid of scuffing them. I''m also lucky enough that So''s sister has a big trampoline
11.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I didnt get around to a reply. I got these locally through Dicks sporting goods, they seem pretty heavy duty beyond what we''ll ever do with them. Good quality, lots of exercise options. Both use olympic free weights

This is the .....> Cable Machine w/leg option on bench which folds up for double cable uses.
Free Weight Bench w/Legs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results