shape
carat
color
clarity

Astonishing, surprising, challenging, but brilliant ... that is, if you can get through it

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, not my cup a tea

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I listened to most of it. A lot of her style feels like the 1990s--Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Shakira, Sophie B Hawkins, there was even some Sinatra in there, plus BB King, and I believe Marion Williams' I'm gonna live the life I sing about in my song. She lost me briefly around the 26-minute mark with the scream-singing, but I managed to ffwd a bit til she got back on a more palatable (to my ears) track. Very interesting way to put her own style/spin on some amazing music. It grew on me as I kept listening. If I listened through all the way again without skipping anything I would probably notice even more of her nuances. It's a yes for me!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you stuck with it
And Kudos to you.
She grew on me too, but it was difficult at first. :clap:

I hear a lot of classical training in there.
Her vocal capability include a rare skill, apparently called for in some classical music like that Mozart dude.
Granted she adds a wild and abrasive Yoko thing to it - making her more performance art than mainstream commercial and profitable music.

She's an interesting woman.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for those additional links! She’s led a fascinating life so far. In the wiki it’s mentioned that her father didn’t encourage her singing, because singing was for “hookers and idiots.” I got quite a laugh out of that.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, her dad must be a singer. :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results