shape
carat
color
clarity

ASSCHER >

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I_Need_Help

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, first off I want to thank you for any help in advance. I have been reading the forums for a while, and here comes my first post...

I have been searching for the perfect ring for my girlfriend. I had decided on getting and Asscher. I have been reading up on all the differences (or similarities) between a RA, Square Emerald, and CCSSC.

My brother knows a reputable jeweler personally, and has helped arrange a good deal for a ring. My questions to you... is it a good stone? Is this a good price for the stone? Is It a good price for the setting?

Stone
GIA Certified
Carat: 1.51
Cut: Cut-Cornered Square Step Cut
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 6.77 x 6.65 x 4.15
Table: 67%
Depth: 62.4%
Girdle: Thin-Medium
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Price: $7,750

Setting
Platinum with two trapezoid side-stones. [I do not have the spec''s on the side-stones at the moment]
Price: $1,600

Total: $9,350

So what do you all think? The table seems a bit large, and the depth a bit shallow. Is this true? I haven''t seen the ring in person yet. The jeweler is out of state, but is going to ship it to me to be able to take a look. I can post more pics then.

Also, I have the option to buy just the stone, the stone and this setting, or the stone in a different setting. The last option has some merits. I can have it set in a simple setting for now, and get her input for designing a unique band when the time is right(we are both designers). Or should I pass on this rock all together? Any and all input is welcome!

Thanks again!!

PS- Sorry for the poor images. It is all I have for now.

1_I_need_help2.JPG

I_Need_Help

Rough_Rock
Also, the GIA Report depicts the underside of the diamond having 5 steps. For GIA reports, do they usually depict the actual cuts/steps in the diagram--or is it a generic diamond diagram used? Doesn''t RA have the patent for 5-steps? If so, does that make this CCSSC in fact an RA-Asscher? How can I find this out for certain?

Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ineedhelp,

The table size is greater than the depth, normally the reverse is preferred but there are exceptions where this combo can work well. Is there any way you can get the crown height for this diamond? That would be very helpful as if it has a greater crown height that can compensate in some cases for the table size.

From the photos I can't tell much regrettably to study the patterning but lets see what Karl says when he pops up and what his advice is. Is it possible you could get an ASET image for this diamond? It is worth asking the seller just in case.

The price looks reasonable for a brick and mortar store which is typically more expensive than online. Comparable diamonds are selling online for around 8k without a setting, you can compare prices yourself, enter your specs and shape of diamond using the Pricescope your Diamond: search tool above.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results