shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Results

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherman06

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone:

Diamond #1 was available. This is the link to the pictures:

GOG Diamond #1

I figured that''d be easier than trying to upload seven different photos. Thanks for your help!

Asscherman06

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I''ll have to go read previous posts to have any idea what you''re talking about BUT ... I did click that link and

WOW

What a phenomenally beautiful Asscher. If it''s yours -- major congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Gorgeous!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id buy it.
one of my favorite styles.
its kicken

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord, that thing is drop dead gorgeous! *bites knuckle*

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
I hope you reserved it!!

asscherman06

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s help. I have reserved the diamond.

Storm - you say it''s kickin'' and I agree, but can you put into words the things you particularly like about it after seeing it? Thanks.

Asscherman

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a beautiful asscher. The patterns are really nice. Nicely proportioned windmills. Even steps in the center. What a winner. You did good.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 6:33:16 PM
Author: asscherman06

Storm - you say it''s kickin'' and I agree, but can you put into words the things you particularly like about it after seeing it? Thanks.

Asscherman
36.gif
Lucky you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 6:33:16 PM

Asscherman
Awesome patterns
13.37% crown height is in the sweet zone
Nice an square
I think the corner cuts are on the small side of perfect but in the yummy zone
nice angles on the facets and in the yummy zone.
overall kicken :}

asscherman06

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, everyone.

Now that I''ve come to a decision on the rock itself, I would like to request assistance with the setting. :)

All I can say is that the simpler and more "Tiffany-esque" the ring, the better. Any ideas how to set this rock. Btw, her ring size is 4, so we''re dealing with a fairly skinny finger. Thanks.

Asscherman

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yellow gold , white gold, platinum or combo?

asscherman06

Rough_Rock
Mos def platinum.

Probably would like to go with a clean look, i.e., traditional. I don''t know anything about designer "names" but it wouldn''t hurt if I could point to one.

Thanks.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/22/2006 2:29:57 PM
Author:asscherman06

Hello everyone:

Diamond #1 was available. This is the link to the pictures:

GOG Diamond #1

I figured that''d be easier than trying to upload seven different photos. Thanks for your help!

Asscherman06
It might be a little too late, but I have a dissenting view on this stone.

It has a rather week table region from the ASET.
Have you seen it and compared it?

asscher with all blue center.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the aset view from the latest gem advisor.
Yours looks more like its from the beta version of DC aset Garry.
Which generated aset are you using?

Im checking but im pretty sure its sarin based anyway which isnt accurate enough for nit picking.

asschermanasscher1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actual image of the diamond next to Kenny''s 2.26.
Its at a weird angle which darkened out part of the center but you can tell this diamond is far from dead.

Just to stop the conspiracy theories Garry and I have been discussing this and I asked Jon for some more pictures to double check my advise.

The diamond is a boarder line wide step/bright drop in some light it will look like a bight drop and others a wide step.
They are pretty common from this cutter and several PSers have them and love them.

Garry is entitled to his opinion and that''s kewl, but so am I, so I''m presenting the info I have to back my opinion.

web_IMG_8799.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
And I asked for a photo taken at 45 degrees to the center of the lights / stone / observer as Diamond dock(r) was originally designed to do and you will see the center is as dead as a dodo.l

This ASET image has been created with AGS''s 40 degree blue - you can see that blocking 20 degrees of light from either side kills it

asscher with all blue center49.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The aset ags uses and the one you sell is 30 degrees.
Since my DC is not working I cant run my strm0 asscher models under the 40 degree model to compare.
Your own tool the simulated IS says this will not be a dead stone and the pictures back that up.
The lightscope image agrees also that its not a dead stone.
I can find a scope to make any diamond look bad if I worked at it hard enough.

Im not feeling well enough to get in a pissing contest with you Garry.
asscherman06 can discuss this with the folks at GOG and decide for himself.

asscherman06IS.jpg

asscherman06

Rough_Rock
This is an interesting turn of events. I can''t say I understand all the lingo, though. Could someone put strm and cutnut''s argument into plain english for me so that I can understand it? Thanks.

Asscherman06

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Asscherman06,

This picture below helps with ASET's pattern interpretations. See reference chart ASET.

Some amount of blue (head obstruction, darkness) can be good for contrast. However, too much blue makes diamond look dark.

With ideal scope (#4. Head Shadow/Darkness) , gray and black areas correspond to reflection from the high angles usually blocked by observer head

05AGS_Colors.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 10:27:40 PM

This is an interesting turn of events. I can''t say I understand all the lingo, though. Could someone put strm and cutnut''s argument into plain english for me so that I can understand it? Thanks.

Asscherman06
AGS uses the 30 degree ASET to cut grade diamonds.
The chart pricescope posted is based on the official 30 degree ASET.
It is the same one you can buy to look at stones under yourself.

For whatever reason Garry has chosen to muddy the waters with a 40 degree modified ASET image which AGS themselves does not use to grade diamonds.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/27/2006 1:08:08 AM
Author: strmrdr

Asscherman06

For whatever reason Garry has chosen to muddy the waters with a 40 degree modified ASET image which AGS themselves does not use to grade diamonds.
I just posted the same rebuttal here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-aset-image.53948/

Storm to save answering your comments in 2 places - I do not klnow if this is published data, but I do know this is how AGS do their grading. I have many times said that I disagree with parts of how close they essentially place an observers head. But even I - the shallow stone freak and lover would not consider this stone for a ring, and it is even sub marginal for a pendant or earrings.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/27/2006 1:08:08 AM
Author: strmrdr

Asscherman06

Unless something changed in the last six months, AGS is definitely using the 40-degree-ASET in their evaluation-system.

And knowing Garry''s background, and the fact that his threshold for calling a stone ''Excellent'' is generally lower than my threshold (or Storm''s for that matter), if he cares to stick out his neck and call a stone undesirable, where I did not expect this, it is a sign that I am about to learn something new and probably very important.

To clarify things, I do not think that Garry is muddying the waters here, nor is coming up with bogus-models. I do want to learn more about this, Garry.

Live long,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone want to float an unemployed broken winged computer geek diamond nut a loan?
Then if asscherman06 passes on it ill buy it and put it on wifey2b''s finger.
I wouldnt get her a dead looking diamond and that''s how confident I am that it isn''t one.
:}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results