shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

intheasschermarket

Rough_Rock
Strm and others,

I''m new here and would greatly appreciate any help. Please let me know what you think of this asscher from James Allen. Here are the specs:

Carat weight: 2.13
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 65.2%
Table: 61.0%
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 7.48*7.30*4.76
Ratio: 1.02

17251501PIC.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
couple issues:
What type of setting is it going in?
For an open 4 prong setting I would ideally like a little thicker girdle.

Which facets account for the good polish grade?

What is the crown height?

The patterns and light return look good.

intheasschermarket

Rough_Rock
Strm,

Thanks for your help. I have attached a picture of the setting my gf wants, its the rosebud from Daniel K. Please let me know what you think of this setting with the thin girdle. Is that a deal breaker? What''s the problem?

I asked about the crown height and the good polish and will post again if I receive a reply.

Do you think this a worthy diamond or would I be better off calling Jonathan at Good Old Gold. Do you think he would have similar diamonds in the same sub-15k price range? I really like the 7.5mm size on this diamond.

Thanks again for all your help.

rb12345.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my asscher from GOG, I''d give Jonathon a call and see what he can bring in for you. I love that setting, it''s gorgeous. Good luck!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, thats a dream ring, i love the prongs and the diamonds all around. Good luck.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 3:04:41 PM
Author: intheasschermarket
Strm,

Thanks for your help. I have attached a picture of the setting my gf wants, its the rosebud from Daniel K. Please let me know what you think of this setting with the thin girdle. Is that a deal breaker? What's the problem?
I don't think Daniel K sells their settings without a center stone. Are you looking for a custom-made copy or something close? You might want to ask GOG about a similar setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results