shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Eternity Band with Three Stone EC Ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYPrincess

Rough_Rock
I am having my emerald cut stone reset into a three stone ring with two smaller emerald cut stones and would like opinions about wedding band options. I have a 1.10 carat antique, platinum brilliant cut eternity band with single cut diamonds that I have been wearing for two years. It is a beautiful band however I would like to get a new eternity or diamond wedding band to go with my remounted EC. I love the look of the asscher cut eternity bands and also the vertical bagettes.

While I know it is a personal opinion, but please give me some feedback and/or pictures of asscher cut wedding bands and whether or not you think they would complement a three stone emerald cut ring. Facets (SP) has a nice channel set asscher cut eternity band that I am in love with!

35.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
welcome to the forums NYPrincess
35.gif

I would leave it "rounds in the eternity", do you have a picture of your existing ring and a band?

NYPrincess

Rough_Rock
I will try to post pics tomorrow. Unfortuantely the issue is that I''ve lost weight and the round eternity band is too large so I''ll have to wear it on my right hand. It''s still a beautiful band so regardless of what I do I''ll have to get a new wedding band. My EC is currently set in a three stone ring with two trilliant cut stones which looks nice but it doesn''t WOW me (hence the reset).

20.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
I too like the contrast of a delicate antiquy round stone band paired with the ECs.

Sorry this is such a bad picture, but this might give you some kind of vague idea of what an asscher band looks like next to an EC. (Keeping in mind that these stones are humongous
2.gif
). They belong to Didiamond.

Obviously, the thing to do is wait until you get your ring, then beat a path to a jewelry store and try on everything to figure out what works best for you.

Have fun!
3.gif

widget

dsasrsd2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, congratulations on the weight loss! As for the wedding band...I would have to see a pictures. What carat weigh band are you considering?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 10:23:39 PM
Author: widget
I too like the contrast of a delicate antiquy round stone band paired with the ECs.

Sorry this is such a bad picture, but this might give you some kind of vague idea of what an asscher band looks like next to an EC. (Keeping in mind that these stones are humongous
2.gif
). They belong to Didiamond.

Obviously, the thing to do is wait until you get your ring, then beat a path to a jewelry store and try on everything to figure out what works best for you.

Have fun!
3.gif

widget
I agree with widget, wait till your ring is reset, and try all different types of eternity bands on to see what looks best with it. Congrats on the weight loss, and please post pics of your new 3 stone EC ering when you get it in SMTR!!!! Good luck!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with waiting til the e-ring is re-set so you can try out stuff rather than just imagine what it will look like.

I have an Asscher e-ring with channel-set baguette side stones and when I tried on all baquette eternity bands or emerald cut ones it just looked like too much step cut. Didn''t have that little extra sparkle or something to spice the whole thing up.

One thing to look at when you get your three stone is eternity bands with alternating round brilliants & baguettes ... OR even princesses & baguettes ... I saw a GORGEOUS one with princesses & bags -- just adds a subtle sparkle while coordinating well because of the squareish shape.

NYPrincess

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions! I am definitely going to wait until the EC is in the remount to decide. I can always use the stones out of the antique eternity band and have them remounted into a new shared prong band in my new ring size (I''ve gone down two sizes in the past year and a half). If I do that, since it would be a custom made band, I would only have a 3/4 eternity band amde up which would allow for sizing in the future in case I starting gaining weight (ugh!). I like the idea of the baguette and round diamond band which adds just a bit of sparkle to the step cut stones. I saw a beautiful one on Facets website. All I know is that I''ve always wanted a three stone EC ring and I will be thrilled when it is finished regardless of what wedding band I end up choosing. I am really, really picky so I''d rather take my time deciding.

I''ll post pics when my new ring is finished as I know fellow PS''s love to see the finished product!

36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi NYPRincess,

Your ring sounds beautiful! I like the look of a step cut band with a step cut engagement ring. Here''s a pic of my asscher solitaire (I know it''s not a 3 stone) with my channel-set asscher wedding band, just to give you an idea of what it may look like ...

I tried on some prong-set bands with my E-ring as well, but I found them to overwhelm the e-ring so I went with channel set, which is great and comfy for everyday wear. Just my 2 cents ...

jgcr13.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another pic that I love (I eventually want to turn my e-ring into a 3-stone) - I thought this would give you an idea of what your set would look like with a channel-set step cut band, even though they''re asschers, not ECs:

3stonejjc3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunnyday1.JPG

My picture is opposite of the one Widget posted--it is large!! But a picture of square/rectangular stones together nonetheless. I don''t wear my asscher band with my radiant ER b/c it is "too much" on one hand, and besides, I don''t want the giirdles clinking together.

cheers--Sharon

NYPrincess

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks for sharing your pics. I love the three stone asscher cut ring with an asscher band. Your diamond is stunning by itself but it would really be FAB if it was in a three stone mounting.

The antique round diamond band I was wearing with my current three stone ring is prong set and as much as I love it, the rubbing against the engagement ring caused some damage to the prongs and three stones fell out. I love the look of the prong set stones but the next band I get will be channel set for that reason. Also, I am very active and want to have a band that I don''t have to worry about checking every day.

As of today, I am leaning towards the asscher cut band because I still love the look of a step cut band with a step cut ER. Someone suggested a band with alternating princess cut stones and rounds but I''m afraid that might look too busy. So many choices how will I ever decide? Knowing me, I''ll end up having several different bands and collecting them over time.

35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hey NYPrincess...I have another option to consider...

One thing about asschers in bands: unless they''re pretty big (like Didiamond''s or Canuk-gal''s), I think their special ''asscherness'' can get lost in teeny stones.

There''s another cut...which I''ve heard described as Carre, Square Step, or even square baguette...which might look great. Since this cut doesn''t have clipped corners hense no ''windmills'' it''s less busy looking. Just a thought!
1.gif

Here''s a pic: (the ring is from www.nelsonrarities.com)

Unnelcarre-06.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey there,

The band that widget posted has stones that look like mine - she is right, they''re called carre cut, but a lot of web sites call them "asschers" when set. I like the look a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results