shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut grey Spinels??

HC47

Rough_Rock
I am on a relentless search for an Asscher cut grey spinel. When we were married, my husband gave me a lovely platinum, art deco style engagement ring. At the time, he couldn’t afford a center diamond so he had a small CZ put in.

That was 12 years, 2 kids, 6 dogs, 2 cats, 5 houses and two countries ago. I’d like to replace the stone now lol.

I have my heart set on a light greyish Asscher cut spinel, I have looked at every recommended vendor on the list, etsy, even tried ebay but unsure if sellers are reputable.... it seems Asscher cut spinels are out there but are they kind of rare?

Vendors to check out other than on the PS recommended vendors list would be soooo appreciated. I have fallen in love with colored gemstones and would love some more sites to obsess over :D

I am flexible too! I would consider variations in color.. I think I am just drawn to the cut and looking for between 2-3cts. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Do the asscher's still have a huge following here on Pricescope? It used to be a top faceting design on here with the CS connoisseurs:wavey:

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do the asscher's still have a huge following here on Pricescope? It used to be a top faceting design on here with the CS connoisseurs:wavey:

I think that craze has died down. There was a time when you could cut any rock off the road in an asscher and it would sell in a minute.

Pricescope tends to come and go in waves.

HC47

Rough_Rock

Curious newbie, here... what is a CS connoisseur?

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pricescope has so many acronyms it's sometimes hard to wade through them. CS stands for Colored Stones.

HC47

Rough_Rock
Pricescope has so many acronyms it's sometimes hard to wade through them. CS stands for Colored Stones.

Oops, duh. Thank you!

HC47

Rough_Rock
I have contacted Jeff at JL Whites gems and he has been very helpful and I think I might have some luck. Crossing fingers!

alamana

Shiny_Rock
I have contacted Jeff at JL Whites gems and he has been very helpful and I think I might have some luck. Crossing fingers!

Good luck! May you be as happy with your new asscher as I'm sure I will be with mine! :razz:

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
The Gemstone Project on Etsy might be able to help you. She found me my 8mm + grey asscher (I was open to any step cut). Ryan Quantz has cut a few for her in the past I believe.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Yay! I'm a big Jeff White fan. I hope it works out for you :appl:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please update us when you find a stone. I think a gray spinel in that cut will be lovely!

HC47

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!

I did see that amazing grey spinel by Doug, but thank you for suggesting :) It was just a tad too blue/dark for what I was envisioning.

But I am having an issue with the setting anyway. I just found out my ideal size upgrade might not fit my ring. I need to take it to a jeweler but I live in a foreign country and my grasp on the language is not very good. I need to find someone that will be willing to take the time to speak English with me and all the stores I see here are very "fancy" and I am unsure if I should go in, just to ask a question :/

S

SparkliesLuver

Maybe go in and ask questions about something they already have. See how they are with you and you with them. If you're not feeling it, head out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results