shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Cut - Good Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fadedvisions

Rough_Rock
I am new to this and after some reasearch found this diamond to be within range I am looking for.

Could someone take a look at these specs and reassure me that this is a good selection? Or perhaps let me know which areas aren''t so good?

Shape: Asscher (Square Emerald Cut)
Carat: 1.02
Cut: Very Good (as per BN specs)
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Depth: 68.5%
Table: 65%
Length/Width Ratio: 1.00
Girdle: Thick - Very Thick
Fluorescence: None
Culet: None
Measurements: 5.41 x 5.40 x 3.70mm

Price: $5,315k CAD, comes with GIA report.

Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
numbers drool and pictures rule.
That said its right on the edge it would depend on the pictures and the crown height.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with Storm.
Pictures are essential as the GIA tells us nothing about some vital aspects such as the shape of the corners

fadedvisions

Rough_Rock
It''s off of BN so I can''t really get pics. I requested an additional report to tell me the crown height. What am I hoping for?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
No pictures no buy is my motto.
Pictures are a must for step cuts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here. No pictures, no sale. I REFUSE to buy any non-round diamond without a picture. Sometime the numbers might look good on paper but it doesn''t tell ALL the angles, especially the critical lower facet angles and the stone ends up a dud.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a suggestion: Many times other vendors can get stones that Blue Nile offers- maybe you can find one that can either do that and take photos for you, or show you a different comparable stone with photos.

The common thread about pictures is a valid concern- plus, the size color and clarity you are looking at won''t be hard to find from sources that can give you photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results